Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

can the i5 9500 run on a z370?

Go to solution Solved by monjessenstein,

Yes it will work, and no it hasn't released yet.

Hi all , i have been getting the parts for my next build and i was going to get the cpu next month, i wanted to get the i5 8500

but now it is out of stock in my country, and am afraid they would take  a while to be back instock , so i was wondering if the i5 9500 would run on the z370 , and what it`s gonna be priced at

do i need to update the bios of the board or something? 

Also is the 9500 even out yet? (can`t find proper info on it currently) 

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

it will, but I don't see why you would want to get it.

As i mentioned above, can't find a i5 8500 in my country right now, out of stock in many places, and the already existing shortage from intel makes it worse 

Either way am gonna wait a month and see if the 8500 becomes available again, i noticed it doesn't differ much from the 9500, the spectre and meltdown patches according to benchmarks i saw really do not affect that much, and thr 9500 is almost the same as 8500 (but i need a cpu either way lol so if 8500 is never to be found on my side, oh well) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Goliath_1911 said:

As i mentioned above, can't find a i5 8500 in my country right now, out of stock in many places, and the already existing shortage from intel makes it worse 

Either way am gonna wait a month and see if the 8500 becomes available again, i noticed it doesn't differ much from the 9500, the spectre and meltdown patches according to benchmarks i saw really do not affect that much, and thr 9500 is almost the same as 8500 (but i need a cpu either way lol so if 8500 is never to be found on my side, oh well) 

What about ryzen? And the 8400? 8600(k)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

What about ryzen? And the 8400? 8600(k)?

Already got the motherboard(each month i am ordering a part for my new rig) , funny thing is all the i5 8th gen are out of stock, currently there is a rise in gaming lounges and pc gamers overall many stuff is going out of stock, only one available is the 9600k 

I made a mistake of not getting the cpu before the board i guess :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Well, intel still has a shortage going on. You might want to wait a bit longer...

Still got my old rig for now

I hope i won't have to wait longer tho lol xd

Then i might have to pay an extra 200$ for a i7 :/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Goliath_1911 said:

Still got my old rig for now

I hope i won't have to wait longer tho lol xd

Then i might have to pay an extra 200$ for a i7 :/

 

Yeah, that's way too much. But if that shortage is done, they only have the intel tax to pay. I would buy a different part for this month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Well, intel still has a shortage going on. You might want to wait a bit longer...

BTW just noticed u got that 7200 1tb barrucada

Is it annoying u when it starts to spin up? 

Mine is annoying af i might leave it out of my next rig... Idk if it is the case 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Goliath_1911 said:

BTW just noticed u got that 7200 1tb barrucada

Is it annoying u when it starts to spin up? 

Mine is annoying af i might leave it out of my next rig... Idk if it is the case 

I have an old one (2014 I think?). It doesn't bother me. But I don't bother my pc making sound either. But that's not the hdds fault. It's the fans

Edited by LukeSavenije
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×