PSU needed

WhispTV

I just got done with my build trying to reuse my Corsair CX750 non modular power supply. I would like to replace it with a modular PSU and need some help locating one. Looking for modular, 2 x 8 pin for cpu and 8 pins for pcie Versus 6+2. Looking to spend the the least amount required for those features. Could use help versus sorting through the whole psu tier list. 

3 minutes ago, WhispTV said:

I just got done with my build trying to reuse my Corsair CX750 non modular power supply. I would like to replace it with a modular PSU and need some help locating one. I am confused on how my motherboard had a 8+4 pin which on my current I don't see. So wouldn't want to buy one with the same issue. Also would prefer to have a little better looking cables. The 8 pins for the graphics card is a 6+2 connector and looks like buttcheeks so another thing I'd like to avoid. I'm looking for something 600W and up. Running a R7 2700 with a 1070.

Check out the great psu list.

6 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Check out the great psu list.

Which tier would be worthy of looking at. Don't feel that post does it justice to understanding what the difference between tiers are and where I should be drawing the line. 

18 minutes ago, WhispTV said:

Which tier would be worthy of looking at. Don't feel that post does it justice to understanding what the difference between tiers are and where I should be drawing the line. 

I'd say tier 7 or 6. Also if you want some nice psu's maybe check out some seasonic ones. They're reliable, normally modular, and come at your power range. They might be a little pricey though.

Just now, Shyam Ganapathy said:

I'd say tier 7 or 6. Also if you want some nice psu's maybe check out some seasonic ones. They're reliable, normally modular, and come at your power range. They might be a little pricey though.

What the fuck tier 7 and 6??? No!!! Tier 4-7 is shit tier

Tier 1-3

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Tier 1-3

Any advice on actual power supply with the connections I mentioned. 

30 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Tier 1-3

Wait I read it in the wrong order and didnt look at the numbers. my bad

Just now, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Wait I read it in the wrong order and didnt look at the numbers. my bad

Sorry for acting a little bit harsh lol

It's fine

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 hour ago, WhispTV said:

I just got done with my build trying to reuse my Corsair CX750 non modular power supply. I would like to replace it with a modular PSU and need some help locating one. Looking for modular, 2 x 8 pin for cpu and 8 pins for pcie Versus 6+2. Looking to spend the the least amount required for those features. Could use help versus sorting through the whole psu tier list. 

You shouldn't look at the tier anyway

sadly we don't know your budget or what country you are from, so we can't really recommend anything

Now, do you really need dual 8 pins? unless you are a skylake-X/threadripper user they are not necessary. Focus on getting a quality PSU instead

And 8 pin pcie is the same as 6+2

1 hour ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

those are shit tiers mostly and seasonic makes shit as well, like most brands so stop recommending brands please.

Besides, I'm pretty sure most PSUs in those tiers don't have dual 8 pin CPU plugs, heck, even some of the best PSUs don't have those.

2 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

You shouldn't look at the tier anyway

sadly we don't know your budget or what country you are from, so we can't really recommend anything

Now, do you really need dual 8 pins? unless you are a skylake-X/threadripper user they are not necessary. Focus on getting a quality PSU instead

And 8 pin pcie is the same as 6+2

those are shit tiers mostly and seasonic makes shit as well, like most brands so stop recommending brands please.

Besides, I'm pretty sure most PSUs in those tiers don't have dual 8 pin CPU plugs, heck, even some of the best PSUs don't have those.

My budget is a cheap as possible. I was looking for dual 8 pin for my cpu since my mobo supports 8+4. Should I just leave the 4 blank? Also I kind wanted 8 pin pcie for visual purposes. My current 6+2 has like an extra loop in the wire and I hate looking at it that way. I would say sub $100 If possible and if not not much over. I'm in the US

5 hours ago, WhispTV said:

My budget is a cheap as possible. I was looking for dual 8 pin for my cpu since my mobo supports 8+4. Should I just leave the 4 blank? Also I kind wanted 8 pin pcie for visual purposes. My current 6+2 has like an extra loop in the wire and I hate looking at it that way. I would say sub $100 If possible and if not not much over. I'm in the US

in those boards you usually don't need to plug the additional 4 pin

this is only $45 right now

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wLkwrH/antec-power-supply-edge650