Newly Built Computer wont turn on

Hamish.R

image.png.93a1b153891927f3d8a54a4d024c0a52.png

I built my computer with the parts listed above and when I now try and turn it on the only thing that happens is the power supply produces a high pitch wine.

Any help appreciated ?

12 minutes ago, DVgeh said:

what in the actual fuck image

yeah mate you might want to delete your post

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Could be many reasons.

Make sure you don't have faulty hardware. If possible, test it on a different computer and see if all of it is functional. If that's not possible, look for indicators. Do the fans turn on? Do the lights turn on? Can you hear the fans spinning? etc.

Make sure you don't have any loose cables or dust in the computer. The parts might not be getting power correctly or might be clogged by dust. Give it a proper cleaning and make sure that the cables aren't loose.

Are you sure it's the Power Supply making that sound? It could be some other part. If indeed it is the power supply then try using a different one and see if your computer works.

It might be as simple as the I/O configuration being wrong. Make sure that all appropriate wires are in their belonging slots. The power button wire might be loose or in the wrong slot.

Check for bent pins in your CPU socket (be careful around there. You don't want to cause more problems)

Just don't jump to conclusions and be careful of what you do and don't. It might be as simple as your cables being loose or (hopefully not) worst case scenario, some faulty hardware.

Try those steps and see if they help. Good luck! :) 

It is said that an Italian dies every time Spaghetti is broken.

That's why I break mine twice.