Using Wifi Port for SSD in an HP Stream 14-ax010wm?

NXS

To cut to the point, the on-board hard drive has apparently bit the bullet; it's built into the motherboard, so there's no traditional fix.  That said, I've seen a YT video ( mods please delete if the link is prohibited) where a guy does bypass the on-board drive with some sort of SSD of comparable size to that of the wifi adapter that comes equipped in the Stream.  I've compared the Stream's WiFi adapter with that of a traditional laptop and the design is different; I will attach a picture of the WiFi adapter below.  My question is, what kind of drive is compatible, and has anyone here on the forums actually tested this to see if it actually works?  The warranty JUST ran out and I don't need a super amount of storage; I think I could get by with anywhere between 64-128gb's of space for my needs regarding Office software and Windows Updates themselves. 

The questions are, what kind of drive would fit this slot, based upon the attached picture, and can this be done?  I do know you can boot from the WiFi primarily via changing settings in the UEFI BIOS to make the Network Adapter the primary boot device, but this is something completely out of my normal realm.  I'd really appreciate some input! ? 

HP-Stream-14-ax010wm-14-ax020wm-ax027cl-WIFI-Wireless-Card.jpg

My Current Rig (Still a Work in Progress):  Coffee Lake FTW 

Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro
CPU: Core i3-8100 3.6ghz Quad-Core
Ram: G. Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2400 32GB
Storage: Samsung MZ-76E500B/AM 500GB + Seagate ST3000DM001    Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC 4GB

PSU: Corsair CX550M
Case: Raidmax - Ninja II ATX Mid Tower Case 

Special THANK YOU to forum contributor, Trulop, for his insights, patience, and time. He's a great guy!

Bumping for fresh eyes and to add some insights.

I've tried using DiskPart (Windows 10 ISO), selected Disk 0 (the faulty drive, apparently) Size (29 GB) Free (29 GB) Status: Online.  

Select Disk 0
Clean
Create Partition EFI 

DiskPart has encountered an error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
See the System Event Log for more information. 

No volumes are shown and no matter what type of partition I attempt to create (EFI, Extended, Logical, MSR, Primary) I receive the same CRC Data Error. 

What--if anything--can I do to fix this? 

I'd really greatly appreciate any help. 

My Current Rig (Still a Work in Progress):  Coffee Lake FTW 

Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro
CPU: Core i3-8100 3.6ghz Quad-Core
Ram: G. Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2400 32GB
Storage: Samsung MZ-76E500B/AM 500GB + Seagate ST3000DM001    Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC 4GB

PSU: Corsair CX550M
Case: Raidmax - Ninja II ATX Mid Tower Case 

Special THANK YOU to forum contributor, Trulop, for his insights, patience, and time. He's a great guy!