Spray Painting a Laptop Chassis Help

Hi guys! So I'm planning to revive an old ASUS X550DP and I'd like to spray paint it to a metallic blue. Image below is from ASUS product page.

1339534513_asusx550dp.jpg.b5c79cfcca657de1d3b0edab88453b2e.jpg

Here's a video clip of what I have at the moment.

How should I proceed on achieving this? I did some research but would like to hear your opinions as I'm a beginner with this. I think I really need to sand these to even out the surface except for the screen bezel part. My main concern is the top cover. It has scratches and ripple-like ridges as well as the logo. This will be my first time modding so I'd appreciate any instructions to achieve this. Thanks in advance!

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

35 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Paint would not last long. Even if you apply a clear coat on top. Vinyl will last longer.

Was actually considering Vinyl tbh, not sure how long they'd last. What's the disadvantage? Are they good with dealing sweat?

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

If you wrap it use a lighter or heat gun to go around the edges and permanently stretch the vinyl. 

If you spray paint it I would first get off what you can with denatured alcohol then paint it with 2 coats of paint of your choice and after drying clearcoat it, it will last awhile prior to what others are saying. A good spray job. Will last a lifetime. 

I have vinyl wrapped my cars and various household items and I spray paint daily because of my job. 

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz