next phone

SteamedLawnChair

so i currently have an s5 mini and its been giving me shit recently. Im feeling like an upgrade, something that has 3GB ram, amoled display, actuality good fingerprint sensor, under £100. anything you recomend

6 minutes ago, SteamedLawnChair said:

3GB ram, amoled display, actuality good fingerprint sensor, under £100. anything you recomend

You ok with used?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

If you can, I'd try to get an S6. You can get them for about £80/£90 if you look around.

Get a pre owned oneplus 2/3, they’re not exactly new but still great value especially if your budget is only around £100

Save a little bit more, and look into Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (and Flash LineageOS into it. Clean stock android, alot of great features, good updates from the community, and very very solid Hardware for the price, with a huge Battery).

Since this Phone is around for half a year at least, there might be a chance for you to find it second hand in very good condition for around 100 pounds.

Not into Flashing at all? --> Xiaomi A2 Lite for example.

Or simply get used to MIUI, it's not realy bad. Especially coming from the "good old Touchwiz" lol.

My recommendation: Consider spending 20 bucks more~ or so for the 64gb Version, that will also come with 4gb Ram.

32gb Version comes with 3gb Ram.

4gb is alot more than 3gb, than it might look, and will serve you VERY VERY well for the next 3-5 years~ if you want to use it that much.

Take this into account: Android System, UI, etc always need to be in the Ram. That can easy take up 1.5gb nowadays non stop.

If you take a few 100 Mb away, reserved for System (GPU memory etc), you will probably only have 1.2gb remaining Ram, that you can fill up with Apps.

If you have 4gb, that's 1 extra. Instead 1.2gb it's 2,2 gb.

Let it be 1.5gb vs. 2.5gb, still a huge difference.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:04 PM, Darkseth said:

Save a little bit more, and look into Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (and Flash LineageOS into it. Clean stock android, alot of great features, good updates from the community, and very very solid Hardware for the price, with a huge Battery).

Since this Phone is around for half a year at least, there might be a chance for you to find it second hand in very good condition for around 100 pounds.

Not into Flashing at all? --> Xiaomi A2 Lite for example.

Or simply get used to MIUI, it's not realy bad. Especially coming from the "good old Touchwiz" lol.

My recommendation: Consider spending 20 bucks more~ or so for the 64gb Version, that will also come with 4gb Ram.

32gb Version comes with 3gb Ram.

4gb is alot more than 3gb, than it might look, and will serve you VERY VERY well for the next 3-5 years~ if you want to use it that much.

Take this into account: Android System, UI, etc always need to be in the Ram. That can easy take up 1.5gb nowadays non stop.

If you take a few 100 Mb away, reserved for System (GPU memory etc), you will probably only have 1.2gb remaining Ram, that you can fill up with Apps.

If you have 4gb, that's 1 extra. Instead 1.2gb it's 2,2 gb.

Let it be 1.5gb vs. 2.5gb, still a huge difference.

coolent. i mainly want to use it for discord and maybe fortnite idk. My current one has 1.5gb ram and only 400mb is usable so i think its worth the extra gigabyte of ram