Pc intermittently freezes

I am experiencing issues with a brand new PC build. My pc  keeps intermittently freezing which forces me to do a restart by holding the power button. Things I have tried:

Reinstalling windows

Running memory test

Running CPU stress test (3dmark)

Running memory read/write test (aida64)

Initially this began while I was installing updates so I thought this was an update issue hence why I reinstalled windows, however now the problem persists even when installing programs therefore I believe it to be a hardware issue. I have ruled out the ram as the diagnosis tool has reported no errors, and I believe the CPU to be fine as the stress test did not cause a freeze. I have not seen the problem occuring whilst in the bios. I don't think it's a shorting issue because the pc has been in running memory diagnosis for over an hour without crashing. This suspects me to believe it is either a hard drive issue or a power supply issue. But I'm not sure how to test further with this.

I have been getting error codes such as clock watchdog timeout and kmode exception not handled

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Please let me know if any further information is required 

things to do:

re-download and update drivers

check for malware

unplug and do a reinstall of all components

need more info on the problem

-how often does it happen

-is it just when you are downloading something

17 minutes ago, Happycowdance said:

things to do:

re-download and update drivers

check for malware

unplug and do a reinstall of all components

need more info on the problem

-how often does it happen

-is it just when you are downloading something

No it's even when I have core temperature in the back round without downloading anything and it began while I was trying to update Windows as this rig was built yesterday 

1 minute ago, Faraxle said:

No it's even when I have core temperature in the back round without downloading anything and it began while I was trying to update Windows as this rig was built yesterday 

I am also getting clock watchdog timeout

not sure than kmode exception is a driver issue normally so try reinstalling and updating all drivers

26 minutes ago, Happycowdance said:

not sure than kmode exception is a driver issue normally so try reinstalling and updating all drivers

I think it's a driver issue windows Is trying to download drivers that are already installed so is causing a conflict

Mine is doing the same thing but due to static built up in my room and if I discharge myself near(4 feet) my pc it freezes.  I don't know how to fix mine except read to use a humidifier to lower the static charge in my room.

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor (4.4Ghz), MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X470/ Intel Wave 2 WiFi/M.2), RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15, GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Graphics Cards, STORAGE: 120GB CRUCIAL SSD, 1TB WD BLUE, COOLER: Cooler Master 212 EVO RGB Black Edition, FANS: 4 x MasterFan MF120R RGB (2 Front, 1 Back, 1 Top), 1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 RPM(Back off Cooler), PC CASE: Cooler Master MB500 case, PSU: EVGA 750 BQ.

My Kids PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 (95watt @3.5Ghz @1.40V), MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM, RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800MHz, GPU: nVidia GT 710 2GB DDR3 (OC’ed Clock to 1300Mhz and Memory to 950Mhz), STORAGE: 250GB HDD, 500GB HDD, COOLER:  Cooler Master 212 EVO, PC CASE: Cooler Master Q300L , FANS: 3 x upHere RED LED Fans (2 Front, 1 Back), PSU: Generic 300 Watt PSU.

Console:  PS4 - vjizzle2384

Try another PSU, my previous pc was ok, but when playing I couldn't open another program cuz it freezed requiring a hard reset.

It turned out to be a parcially bad PSU, when I changed it it was all ok.

i7 10700k @ 5.05 Ghz

Corsair H100i pro XT 240mm

MSI z490 tomahawk

16 Gb (2 x 8 GB) Patriot Viper Steel - 4000mhz - 16-16-16-34

MSI 1070TI titanium

10 hours ago, EspinalAndres said:

Try another PSU, my previous pc was ok, but when playing I couldn't open another program cuz it freezed requiring a hard reset.

It turned out to be a parcially bad PSU, when I changed it it was all ok.

Do you know any tests to see if it's a PSU issue? Can't just buy a new PSU without that being the issue 

6 hours ago, Faraxle said:

Do you know any tests to see if it's a PSU issue? Can't just buy a new PSU without that being the issue 

It can be partially bad like mine was, you can test it on the oscilloscope if you have the knowlege, but is easy just to get one borrowed from a friend.

i7 10700k @ 5.05 Ghz

Corsair H100i pro XT 240mm

MSI z490 tomahawk

16 Gb (2 x 8 GB) Patriot Viper Steel - 4000mhz - 16-16-16-34

MSI 1070TI titanium