Help on streaming hardware for small sport club

Hi, I'm part of a small roller hockey club located in Italy. Recently we decided that it would be nice to stream our games on youtube, but we have no idea on where to start with the equipment for streaming, or how to stream for that matter (With a camera I mean; using a smartphone is very easy).

I would like to ask for advice on what kind of equipment is needed (we may have a budget up to 600-700€) and a guide, relatively easy but comprensive, on how to stream.

Thanks for the help, 

Gjed.

Get a budget PC capable of streaming or a good laptop you already have such as this:

You'll need a good connection, at least 3MB/S.

A good camera, you can get one for like $300.

And you're good to go.

Dont use a webcam. Use a normal camera and capture card. Any computer will be fine, but you need a somewhat modern processor to do video transcoding for the internet. OBS is a good free tool for broadcasting to youtube or facebook, but can take a little to learn. 

On 11/28/2018 at 5:13 AM, Gjed said:

Hi, I'm part of a small roller hockey club located in Italy. Recently we decided that it would be nice to stream our games on youtube, but we have no idea on where to start with the equipment for streaming, or how to stream for that matter (With a camera I mean; using a smartphone is very easy).

I would like to ask for advice on what kind of equipment is needed (we may have a budget up to 600-700€) and a guide, relatively easy but comprensive, on how to stream.

Thanks for the help, 

Gjed.

Tell us about how you intend to film the games, is there going to be a camera operator who can follow the action, or do you intend to have a static mount camera that's unattended? Your tripod and lens situation might vary depending on the end result you're looking for.

8 hours ago, LyondellBasell said:

Tell us about how you intend to film the games, is there going to be a camera operator who can follow the action, or do you intend to have a static mount camera that's unattended? Your tripod and lens situation might vary depending on the end result you're looking for.

There has to be a camera operator

On 12/2/2018 at 9:05 AM, Gjed said:

There has to be a camera operator

if you want to stream sports events you need to think about size of sport arena.  do you need multiple camera to cover the event? do you need zoom lenses to get close up of players faces? does the camera need to move around on the edge of the arena?  talk to professional supplier of camera equipment.

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects