Gaming CPU needed

rasfsfsd
Go to solution Solved by boey,
4 minutes ago, rasfsfsd said:

alright i will go do that now, thank you 

no problem ?

for a gaming, streaming and video editing build is it better to go with a ryzen 7 or a intel i5

Depends on which i5s and r7s, but generally the R7 should be better for various reasons, but could you post which ones you are looking at?

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Depends on which i5s and r7s, but generally the R7 should be better for various reasons, but could you post which ones you are looking at?

its between four of them

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/40462/intel-core-i7-8700k

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/42069/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-with-wraith-prism

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/42070/amd-ryzen-7-2700-with-wraith-spire

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/44159/intel-core-i5-9600k

2 minutes ago, rasfsfsd said:

In general the Intel CPUs have higher per core performance, but because of more cores at the same price Ryzen has higher multicore performance, so it really depends on what you are doing. IIRC video editing on Adobe software is more dependent on single core performance, while streaming is generally more dependent on multicore performance. However all of these CPUs be great for both. At this point you might want to look at the other benefits of each CPU, such as the AMD stock coolers and the guaranteed support of the AM4 socket until 2020. I personally, am running a 2700x with the wraith prism cooler and it works great for gaming and runs Adobe photoshop very well, as well as Unity and other applications.

6 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

In general the Intel CPUs have higher per core performance, but because of more cores at the same price Ryzen has higher multicore performance, so it really depends on what you are doing. IIRC video editing on Adobe software is more dependent on single core performance, while streaming is generally more dependent on multicore performance. However all of these CPUs be great for both. At this point you might want to look at the other benefits of each CPU, such as the AMD stock coolers and the guaranteed support of the AM4 socket until 2020. I personally, am running a 2700x with the wraith prism cooler and it works great for gaming and runs Adobe photoshop very well, as well as Unity and other applications.

alright, i dont know too much about cpu's as this will be my first build and i have grown up on console so im still learning all i need to know about pc's, how is guaranteed support a bonus for the 2700x. im going to be using the adobe suite mostly and games that arent too demanding. i will go with the 2700x thanks 

10 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

R7 2700x. It has 8 cores 16 threads which would help in streaming while gaming and video editing. 

alright thank you

1 minute ago, rasfsfsd said:

alright thank you

Also, might be a better idea to go under New Builds and Planning and just ask people to give you an entire build, while stating your use and budget. More efficient that way

3 minutes ago, rasfsfsd said:

how is guaranteed support a bonus for the 2700x.

You can upgrade the CPU to the new 3000 and maybe 4000 series that AMD will be releasing in the next few years, without having to change your motherboard.

1 minute ago, _d0nut said:

Also, might be a better idea to go under New Builds and Planning and just ask people to give you an entire build, while stating your use and budget. More efficient that way

alright, i have the rest of the build sorted it was just the last two parts that i needed help with. but thanks for the advice anyways

1 minute ago, _d0nut said:

You can upgrade the CPU to the new 3000 and maybe 4000 series that AMD will be releasing in the next few years, without having to change your motherboard.

alright sweet i will go with amd then. thank you

1 minute ago, rasfsfsd said:

alright, i have the rest of the build sorted it was just the last two parts that i needed help with. but thanks for the advice anyways

I'd suggest linking that build in said forum and asking for suggestions. Maybe someone can suggest something that could benefit you a lot. For example many people run slow RAM on Ryzen which lowers performance significantly. I would suggest at least 2 x 8GB and 3000Mhz

2 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

I'd suggest linking that build in said forum and asking for suggestions. Maybe someone can suggest something that could benefit you a lot. For example many people run slow RAM on Ryzen which lowers performance significantly. I would suggest at least 2 x 8GB and 3000Mhz

4 minutes ago, rasfsfsd said:

no problem ?