Help decide which processor.

So I'm looking for a new processor and I was wondering which processor out of these two would be better. Theirs the ryzen 5 2600 that's $180 and the ryzen 7 1700 that's 210. If it comes down to it I don't mind paying an extra 30 for the 7 if it is better but then again I don't want to waste money if I don't have to. Also have a 1070ti at the moment and was wondering which would be a better match for it to get maximum performance at 1080p. Thanks for any input in advanced. 

What are you wanna do for this? If it's gaming I'll prefer R5 2600 for its higher clock speed and better RAM compatibility. But if you need to do some renderings the obvious answer is R7 1700.

4 minutes ago, westport17 said:

What are you wanna do for this? If it's gaming I'll prefer R5 2600 for its higher clock speed and better RAM compatibility. But if you need to do some renderings the obvious answer is R7 1700.

It's just for gaming 

The 2600 is the better gaming cpu. No reason to get the 1700 unless you are doing other things that could use the extra cores of the 1700 like streaming and rendering. 

1 minute ago, David_2716 said:

It's just for gaming 

Then it's R5 2600. You won't get any benefit with 8C/16T for current games, different story if you also want to stream it ?

1 minute ago, westport17 said:

Then it's R5 2600. You won't get any benefit with 8C/16T for current games, different story if you also want to stream it ?

Na lol I just wanna play games with my freinds and stuff I don't really care about streaming 

15 minutes ago, westport17 said:

so wait i was just looking around and i found a ryzen 5 2600x for 10 more dollars would that be better or no