ML240R with standard ASUS header (non-ARGB)

Does anyone have experience of using ASUS Aura Sync boards with a standard 4-pin RGB header together with the Coolermaster ML240R?

I understand that they do work, but are the results (RGB effects on the fans and pump) any worse than if my board had a 3-pin ARGB header?

I have last year's Asus Prime X370-Pro.

Thanks everyone!

Experience is the same, the effects are the same.

BUT, you need an aura sync connector, which you do have I believe. So you need to use the 3 pin aura header. Which I believe, you have.

16 hours ago, timl132 said:

Experience is the same, the effects are the same.

BUT, you need an aura sync connector, which you do have I believe. So you need to use the 3 pin aura header. Which I believe, you have.

What's the connector you're referring to? One of the cables in the box? My x370 board doesn't have an addressable header, just a standard one (4-pin?).

3 hours ago, mcsmith1981 said:

What's the connector you're referring to? One of the cables in the box? My x370 board doesn't have an addressable header, just a standard one (4-pin?).

Hmm, well if you don't have an addressable header, you need the cooler master usb boxy thing. I unfortunately can't remember what it's called, it might come in the box.(Please verify that)

So I have no way of producing a unified synchronised RGB setup with my existing hardware then? (Including my existing Geil RGB RAM and Asus board lighting)