I'm programing an automatic frametimes analyzer and chart making script! help me out!

davidlo176

Hello!

So. I've started to play with gpu passthroug and ocat to measure it's performance, but it's a pain to make all the graphs with the metrics that I want (Avg fps, 1% lower, 0.1% lower and possibly more in the future) so I started to create an R script to do all of that automatically. for the time being takes a single csv file (from ocat or PresentMon) and calculates the performance metrics I've talked before. but here's the thing. I don't know how to deal with multiple csv files. not that I can't program it(that's why I don't think this post belongs to the programing thread) I don't know what's the best way to make the folder structure and csv output.

For example: take a look at this gamers nexus chart.

cpu fortnite streamer results2

The csv file for this chart would (i think) look something like this:

image.png.10ec315f16826d18404f405269c81b2e.png

So that's my cuestion:

1. What do you think is the best way to format the resultant csv file?
  2. What do you think is the best way to format the folder structure? i mean... should be for example a folder call "RX vega 56" with sub folders for each game? or is better to have for examle a folder call "GTA V" with sub foldes for each component?

That's it. any suggestion or feedback would be awesome. is this even worth while?

PD: Sorry for my english.

PD2: I would provide the github link as son as posible.

Cant you use excel or something? I had used R for my college statistics class. I am not a fan of it and usually do all my graphing and data on an excel sheet. 

Sudo make me a sandwich