Comparing and UHD monitor to an eSports Monitor

Ty_Cox
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

The LG monitor looks great for gaming, and Xbox supports freesync so that's a huge plus. No, 4ms response time won't produce any ghosting, I use a 5ms monitor for gaming at 1080p60, and it's pretty great. You'd only see ghosting potentially at really high refresh rates like 144Hz, and even then it'd be minor.

What makes this BenQ ZOWIE gaming monitor a better eSports monitor than this LG 27UD69P-W UHD monitor?

I am trying to justify moving to this BenQ monitor for playing competitive BO4 on console. I'm rather monitor spec ignorant, so I'm seeking help to point out the specs that would justify this purchase.

For example,

Does 4ms response time vs 1ms response time make a huge difference @ 60hz gaming?

Does the LG monitor above struggle from "smearing or ghosting"?

The LG monitor looks great for gaming, and Xbox supports freesync so that's a huge plus. No, 4ms response time won't produce any ghosting, I use a 5ms monitor for gaming at 1080p60, and it's pretty great. You'd only see ghosting potentially at really high refresh rates like 144Hz, and even then it'd be minor.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad