EKWB RGB Block Strix RGB Header

Hey guys,

quick question over here. Is it possible to plug an EKWB RGB Block into the Asus Vega 64 Strix RGB Header on the card. It actually is 12V rated. And can i control this header over the software?

Thanks alot!

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

19 hours ago, joshuawi99 said:

Hey guys,

quick question over here. Is it possible to plug an EKWB RGB Block into the Asus Vega 64 Strix RGB Header on the card. It actually is 12V rated. And can i control this header over the software?

Thanks alot!

Yes that will work on the RGB header as it's both use standard 4 pin analog RGB based control.

• 2 months later...

I have the same hasrdware combination.
Logically you would expect it to work. But, there is no light whatsoever.
Called the ASUS support today, and they told me that the header doesn't control anything.
I guess this is a known issue, since it says in EKs manual to connect the RGB to the mainboard.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:29 PM, McSonovicski said:

I have the same hasrdware combination.
Logically you would expect it to work. But, there is no light whatsoever.
Called the ASUS support today, and they told me that the header doesn't control anything.
I guess this is a known issue, since it says in EKs manual to connect the RGB to the mainboard.

Thanks for your answer still xD. But what is the point of those headers?? I got around this shit by switching to an Asus Mobo finally :).

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Good question. ASUS Germany couldn't give me any details. Instead they asked me to send them an email with the details of what I wanted to do. With pictures of both the connector and the LED header on the graphics card...
They would then ask ASUS Taiwan if it was possible to send me a patch or something.
Quite weird if you ask me... Anyhow, I haven't had the time to do that, yet.

11 hours ago, McSonovicski said:

Good question. ASUS Germany couldn't give me any details. Instead they asked me to send them an email with the details of what I wanted to do. With pictures of both the connector and the LED header on the graphics card...
They would then ask ASUS Taiwan if it was possible to send me a patch or something.
Quite weird if you ask me... Anyhow, I haven't had the time to do that, yet.

Hmm it would be interesting what Asus headquarters say about this problem. Are we the first users that ask this question? xD It would be nice if you keep me updated on that ticket ;).