SP120 fans on Corsair H100i V2

Troika

So I'm trying to add two extra fans to my radiator for push/pull but I can't find anything that matches the specs that the SP120s that came with the H100i V2, including Corsair's own SP120s. They seem to have been speced specifically for that cooler. Is there any issue with using fans that have lower pressure? Should I move around where the higher pressure are? (High in front, low in back or low in front, high in back) Or does it generally perform worse than if you used pressure matched/identical fans?

The fans I was looking to add were two of these Cryorig ones. They have the best pressure and air flow for the price. I could get better fans but they cost more so I'm trying to limit how much I spend.

High airflow fans in pull behind the rad and static pressure oriented fans in push tends to perform pretty well.

Example:

Why do you want to add more fans? The stock SP120L's perform pretty well already.

QF120's are alright but suboptimal for the the rad. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

High airflow fans in pull behind the rad and static pressure oriented fans in push tends to perform pretty well.

Example:

Why do you want to add more fans? The stock SP120L's perform pretty well already.

QF120's are alright but suboptimal for the the rad. 

I just wanted to add some extra cooling since I only have three spots for fans in all, two of which are occupied by the rad and the third is at the back. So its best to put the high pressure ones that came with the rad behind high air flow fans? (Intake at the case, high air flow; Intake at the radiator, high pressure)

3 minutes ago, Troika said:

I just wanted to add some extra cooling since I only have three spots for fans in all, two of which are occupied by the rad and the third is at the back. So its best to put the high pressure ones that came with the rad behind high air flow fans? (Intake at the case, high air flow; Intake at the radiator, high pressure)

What are your specs and where is the rad mounted?

The stock SP120L's are optimized for static pressure and should be in front of the rad in push. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your specs and where is the rad mounted?

The stock SP120L's are optimized for static pressure and should be in front of the rad in push. 

The rad is at the front and I don't have solidified specs for this particular system but I'm assuming that it'll be a i5 4690k that'll get overclocked to about 4.5~4.7Ghz at either 1.2V~1.3V depending on where temps aren't too big an issue and stability isn't a concern. The board that will be used is a Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 m-ATX and the gpu will be a R9 280X 3GB or similarly performing gpu.

I build and resell PCs along side my full time job at Frys.

3 minutes ago, Troika said:

The rad is at the front and I don't have solidified specs for this particular system but I'm assuming that it'll be a i5 4690k that'll get overclocked to about 4.5~4.7Ghz at either 1.2V~1.3V depending on where temps aren't too big an issue and stability isn't a concern. The board that will be used is a Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 m-ATX and the gpu will be a R9 280X 3GB or similarly performing gpu.
I build and resell PCs along side my full time job at Frys.

What case? Is it possible to relocate the cooler to the top as exhaust?

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

FYI Exhaust compared to Intake for me yields about 13c less.  However the motherboard gets warm and the M.2 .  To combat this I ramp up the fan but its too annoying and loud.  I smell a Noctua or Antec Quiet in my future.  THe rad fans are ok,,, granted running at 600rpm,, any higher and the noise kicks in,,,

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

7 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

FYI Exhaust compared to Intake for me yields about 13c less.  However the motherboard gets warm and the M.2 .  To combat this I ramp up the fan but its too annoying and loud.  I smell a Noctua or Antec Quiet in my future.  THe rad fans are ok,,, granted running at 600rpm,, any higher and the noise kicks in,,,

If the fans are too noisy, adding more fans isn't going to help as much as replacing them with better fans. NF-P12's are great: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VNBTwP/noctua-nf-p12-redux-1700-pwm-708-cfm-120mm-fan-nf-p12-redux-1700-pwm

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

If the fans are too noisy, adding more fans isn't going to help as much as replacing them with better fans. NF-P12's are great: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VNBTwP/noctua-nf-p12-redux-1700-pwm-708-cfm-120mm-fan-nf-p12-redux-1700-pwm

The only 120mm fitment I have is the exhaust fan, so I will replace it with this fan you sent in the link.  Thank you soo much,  wishing for good air to be pushed but silent...  :)

Can you send link for 140mm intake fan, so I can have free shipping.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

19 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Can you send link for 140mm intake fan, so I can have free shipping.

Wouldn't two NF-P12's already qualify for free shipping?

As for the 140mm, NF-P14S: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8r9KHx/noctua-case-fan-nfp14sredux1500pwm

Thanks a bunch WoodenMarker,  Im gonna stick with the stock Rad fans because I have it down to where it doesn't really make any noise and cools well.

On 10/11/2018 at 11:38 PM, WoodenMarker said:

https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=454

The radiator, while saying it does support a 240mm rad on the front, its an extremely snug fit and required the removal of the drive cages. The HDD that I have will be mounted into one of the 5.25" drive bays.