OnePlus wants to make a TV | More ways to spy on its users?

AlTech

ITT:
But they spy on me!
But so does that device!
No! That device clearly doesn't!

If it has a mic, it likely spies on you. If it has a camera... well it likely spies on it.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

OnePlus can enter TV/PC/Top box market and succeed with their parent company BBK at their side. Xiaomi was dominating then BBK came along, they're growing like crazy in China/India. They have Oppo, Vivo, and Oneplus, I think they might even overtake Huawei. 

I honestly don't really care if the Chinese are spying on me. Better than the NSA spying on me.

On 24.9.2018 at 5:04 AM, Arika S said:

Absolutely fucking revolutionary naming convention right there OnePlus....

Im sure they also could've called it the 49XYZ310Derp like any other manufacturer if that is what you wanted. 

On 9/24/2018 at 12:40 AM, ZacoAttaco said:

Smart TVs are the worst thing ever, the only positive is app support like Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. The rest of the time it's slowing down the TV with hidden operation behind the scenes. >:(

I've had one of the first 4K Smart TV's from Philips (42PUS7809) and only thing I've really used on it was Youtube and Netflix. And that's it. There is nothing "smart" about them in general. Just bunch of stuff that you don't really need. Get a bloody laptop for browsing and searching of general info. And what's really annoying it the cold startup of Android TV's. We disconnect our TV when we leave home using switch on the surge protection which means TV would have to cold boot every time, which for Android takes forever. Mine is still Linux based so it's quite fast, but Androids take forever to boot cold. So, in this regard, LG's WebOS is actually a better option. It still has Youtube and Netflix and it's still super fast. And without all the Google crap plastered all over the device.