Monitor recommendations (movies, twitch, youtube)

DVA

Hey guys, so I know what monitor I will be getting for my gaming experience, but for my second monitor I don't want to go as all out since it will be used for the things I few on the side. Watching movies, netflix, youtube and all that fun stuff.

I believe I will be sticking with a 1920 x 1080p monitor. With so many options out there, I was wondering what you guys suggest! I kind of want to cap the monitor price at around $175 usd. Like i said, this is just for viewing monitors and such so I won't care too much about 60hz vs 144 or G-Sync or anything. 

13 minutes ago, DVA said:

Hey guys, so I know what monitor I will be getting for my gaming experience, but for my second monitor I don't want to go as all out since it will be used for the things I few on the side. Watching movies, netflix, youtube and all that fun stuff.

I believe I will be sticking with a 1920 x 1080p monitor. With so many options out there, I was wondering what you guys suggest! I kind of want to cap the monitor price at around $175 usd. Like i said, this is just for viewing monitors and such so I won't care too much about 60hz vs 144 or G-Sync or anything. 

Why do you want a second monitor just for that? Can't you just use your primary monitor? If not I would probably try to find a second hand IPS monitor, I have the U2414H which I think are very nice monitors. You should be able to pick one of those up for relatively little.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

4 minutes ago, martward said:

Why do you want a second monitor just for that? Can't you just use your primary monitor? If not I would probably try to find a second hand IPS monitor, I have the U2414H which I think are very nice monitors. You should be able to pick one of those up for relatively little.

That's a good question and I have a good answer. 

I'm being cheap and waiting until Black Friday and Cyber Monday to get a few hundred dollars off what I'm looking for xD

I actually found this right now: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260233R&ignorebbr=1

My only issue is, of course it's open box. Secondly I can't seem to find anywhere if it is a removable monitor so I can mount it later down the road. I don't HAVE to mount it but I'd rather not have mismatched bases. I don't care too much about the monitor itself but the base color difference will stand out too much for my own liking.