Star Citizen Alpha

Msuni

So i was thinking about buying Star Citizen Alpha, if i did would that mean i get the game forever with all updates. Or will i actually have to purchase the full game when its released fully??

On 16/09/2018 at 6:13 PM, huilun02 said:

The game is buy to play. There is no paid "trial" or "starter" edition. They say everything can be earned or made in-game, although there is already exclusive stuff in the game. I would suggest waiting for release before buying. Because even if its completed, there will be the issue of accessibility.

An MMO with high system requirements and extreme gameplay complexity does not bode well for long term popularity. Take a look at World of Warcraft, which is unmatched in peak and long term player count. Only possible because the game runs well on potato computers and even Mac, is fairly straightforward to play, and almost anyone on the globe can reach an official server without needing to VPN. Its most similar competitor Wildstar, which was made by ex-WoW developers, focused on catering to hardcore players who could tolerate high difficulty and complexity. After only four years it completely lost its playerbase and will cease to operate along with the closure of its developer studio.

Ok I'm gonna wait then. Thanks for the reply and the information that you mentioned. Appreciate it!