Dual Monitors, multiple layouts

So I have 2 monitors, a Dell u3415w 34" ultrawide and an Acer Predator XB1 27". I am looking for a solution where I can configure them 3 different ways;

1. UW on top of the Acer
  2. Acer on top of the UW
  3. Side by side (UW on the right of the Acer)

To achieve 1 and 2, the vertical height range needs to be at least 40cm (16"). All but a few of the monitor arms I have found only have a 33cm (13") height range and the ones that have more are really expensive (ie 2 x arms = same price as the Acer).

Ergotron seem to be the only ones that are available in the UK and are around £200 each.

https://www.ergotron.com/en-gb/products/product-details/45-353#/

Is anyone able to help?

side by side.png

uw on bottom.png

uw on top.png

just place them in one orientation and get used to it, it will be very annoying if you constantly move them around and look to the wrong place all the time.

8 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Can't imagine your neck will feel too great when stacking them

It's been fine so far, maybe eye strain :P

4 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

just place them in one orientation and get used to it, it will be very annoying if you constantly move them around and look to the wrong place all the time.

When I play games the UW on top makes the most sense because I can still watch other streams or chat programs etc.

When I'm working, the UW on the bottom works the best because I can have most of the programs I need opened side by side and chat programs above.

I'm not sure I can think of a use for the side by side, but everyone seems to recommends it.