Dell 2716DGR vs HP Omen 27 Inch QHD 165Hz G-Sync

Mikirae

Which of these monitors would use guys get? My main concern here are the picture quality and the viewing angles. I currently have the Dell 2716DG but the viewing angles are shoddy and the color isn't the best (even after calibration). Anyone used both and have an opinion?

10 minutes ago, Mikirae said:

Which of these monitors would use guys get? My main concern here are the picture quality and the viewing angles. I currently have the Dell 2716DG but the viewing angles are shoddy and the color isn't the best (even after calibration). Anyone used both and have an opinion?

Wouldn't waste money on G-sync

Would not have suggested a $500 TN panel for the most part, assuming you're going to sell your first monitor there?

Whats your budget/country?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I heard from a bunch of people that G-Sync is really nice to have. I got the Dell for about $330 (+$50 GeekSquad Protection). Budget is around $450 and I live in the US.

1 minute ago, Mikirae said:

I heard from a bunch of people that G-Sync is really nice to have. I got the Dell for about $330 (+$50 GeekSquad Protection). Budget is around $450 and I live in the US.

You already have a G-sync display though? Do you make use of the feature? Really that type of insurance is pretty useless.

A free-sync display with the same panel type is typically $100+ cheaper, screen tearing is less noticeable at 144hz anyways.

Both "144hz" IPS panels, free-sync one is $432, has a better stand than the EDG27S at ~$400

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Kr7XzM
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Kr7XzM/by_merchant/

Monitor: Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($599.99 @ Newegg Business)
Monitor: Nixeus - NX-EDG27 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor  ($432.08 @ Amazon)
Total: $1032.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-03 00:42 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Well, the plan was to just return or sell this one and get a new one since I didn't like it. I'll take a look at the ones that you recommended, thank you!

I've got a 1080Ti. And yeah, the issue I had was that the IPS ones were really expensive with G-Sync, which really sucked.