MacOS/Windows/Linux Triboot Installation Order?

I want to boot my PC into MacOS High Sierra, Windows 10 1803, and Ubuntu 18.04.1, but I'm not sure which should go first. My primary RAID configuration has 2 drives for Windows (my main ecosystem), and I have a third drive that's partitioned as:

100GB: Linux

100GB: MacOS

40GB: Unallocated

1. Do I need to backup my Windows stuff if the High Sierra installer targets the 100GB partition on the third drive? I've heard installing MacOS after Windows is already on the system can cause problems.
2. If I do need to back things up, what's a good way to do so (besides just copying everything onto an external 1TB)?
3. If I back things up, and end up needing to fresh install EVERYTHING, would the best order be: MacOS > Windows > Ubuntu?

Thanks y'all :D 

I'm guessing you're hackintoshing, since you called it a PC.

On 9/2/2018 at 6:42 PM, Shads said:

1. Do I need to backup my Windows stuff if the High Sierra installer targets the 100GB partition on the third drive? I've heard installing MacOS after Windows is already on the system can cause problems.

The opposite is true; installing Windows after macOS will overwrite the Clover UEFI item.

2. If I do need to back things up, what's a good way to do so (besides just copying everything onto an external 1TB)?

You can use Disk Utility from the macOS installer to clone a disk (The "Restore" option).

3. If I back things up, and end up needing to fresh install EVERYTHING, would the best order be: MacOS > Windows > Ubuntu?

I recommend Windows > Ubuntu > macOS, because Clover (hackintosh bootloader) supports all three.

🙂

Historically when dualbooting, you always install Windows first because it does not play nicely with other things (primarily by messing up the boot loader). I imagine it is the same for triple booting.