unblock USER folder from other crashed PC

EcuaTecPro

Hi everyone

Recently my old computer's mainboard died, but I want to access my files now on another computer. When i put the drive in a new computer it lets me access everything except my user folder on the Previous C partition of the older computer. I've tried giving full control to my current account on the new computer but it failed to do so. I'm desperate for a couple of files i'll definitly need!

Did you go under "Advanced" when under Security?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 minute ago, nick name said:

Did you go under "Advanced" when under Security?

Yes I did. The admin account of the current computer shows up saying it has full control but I can't get in.

1 minute ago, EcuaTecPro said:

Yes I did. The admin account of the current computer shows up saying it has full control but I can't get in.

I am not entirely sure what you will have to change to get access to that folder so I would encourage you to keep adjusting until you get in. So try using the "Auditing" and "Effective Access" and adding your current User. 

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Change the owner to 'everyone', make sure that you choose the option to apply this to subfolders/files.

Re-open the permissions dialogue, remove all assigned permissions, add 'everyone' as full control, make sure its applied to subfolders and files, and click apply.

Have you tried safe mode? If that doesn't work, bootable live linux.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

Change the owner to 'everyone', make sure that you choose the option to apply this to subfolders/files.

Re-open the permissions dialogue, remove all assigned permissions, add 'everyone' as full control, make sure its applied to subfolders and files, and click apply.

This did it for me! Thanks a bunch!

On 8/31/2018 at 4:18 PM, EcuaTecPro said:

This did it for me! Thanks a bunch!

These issues are almost always "Ownership" issues. Glad you got access.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)