Build now or later?

dtaflorida

So I've been leisurely gathering bits and pieces for a new PC since the beginning of the year. But with the new tariffs coming I'm wondering if I should buy now or will pc hardware be mostly unaffected by the tariffs? Should I be accelerating purchases of specific parts? 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

3 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

So I've been leisurely gathering bits and pieces for a new PC since the beginning of the year. But with the new tariffs coming I'm wondering if I should buy now or will pc hardware be mostly unaffected by the tariffs? Should I be accelerating purchases of specific parts? 

Well if you see that the pric to some things has gone up just wait and or buy everything quickly

Cases seem to have fallen off the Tomshardware Deals sections. I've been watching that for a while waiting for a nice MATX. What next...

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

I think you might want to consider buying when nvidia's new gpus come out, that way you should be able to either save money on current-gen("=last-gen") cards or just get a next-gen("=current gen") card.

It might just be me, but that's probably how I'd do it... :P 

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

7 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

PC cases, storage and PSUs might be affected but storage for one is getting cheaper so even if materials increases that will be more than offset by the steady decrease in price that SSDs have been having constantly for the past few years.#

But honestly it dosn't matter in the world of tech there will always be a better deal you missed in the past or in the future so unless there is a giant leap in technology iminent then I really wouldn't sweat it. The best thing you can do is focus your time and mental energy on getting the best possible deal you can right now.

And to avoid your question completely I truly believe that just buying used is not only cheaper anyway but also should be less affected by such things as tarrifs etc as items you buy will have been bought by the seller probably long before such tariffs were even conceived by some mad men.

And on top of all of this if you really do look at a significantly better deal after you've bought use return policies.

i7 8700k 5.0GHz 4.0Ghz Cache (Stock Cooler)

2x8GB 3400mhz RAM 19-19-19-38

GTX 1060 3GB 2050Mhz Core, 9500Mhz Memory