Power Supply Crisis

Go to solution Solved by TheGlenlivet,
2 minutes ago, TheCosmosAKAtheNerd said:

yes it doesnt use external power but at max power usage would the GPU not boost up and get lower FPS i am worried it might need more power 

No it should be fine.  The GPU uses like 75 watts at full blast.  The 320W PSU you have should be plenty.  There ARE SFF PSUs out there, but I would try what you have first.  

OK so i have a SFF PC The HP 8300 i5 3570 PC >>>MY PC CLICK HERE , so it has a 320 watt PSU i believe since its SFF is there any PSU that fits in that PC that can help My GTX 1050 MSI 2GB Low profile card Be overclock-able >>> MY GPU CLICK HERE

Thank All of you guys in advance

Hey, I have had a pc with this similar case before, let me tell you that a 1050 will not fit in there. Are you ordering online or have you seen it in store? Those cases are very small and are made for office work that would generally just include typing stuff like emails. I would also like to point out you will have a hard time looking for a fitting power supply, those PCs are made to be maintained, not upgraded.

Also remember the trouble you will go through trying to make further upgrades to this, trying to get stuff to fit right.

Sorry if this is awkward I keep editing to add stuff, what would help you if money is an issue would be to put all the parts on a build on pc part picker and see the wattage with what is normally in there and then with your 1050. The walmart link doesn't give exact details so I can't do this for you, sorry.

3 minutes ago, TheCosmosAKAtheNerd said:

OK so i have a SFF PC The HP 8300 i5 3570 PC >>>MY PC CLICK HERE , so it has a 320 watt PSU i believe since its SFF is there any PSU that fits in that PC that can help My GTX 1050 MSI 2GB Low profile card Be overclock-able >>> MY GPU CLICK HERE

Thank All of you guys in advance

Does the PSU work?  As long as you have a PCI slot you should be ok.  The 1050 sips power and has no external power connection.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Does the PSU work?  As long as you have a PCI slot you should be ok.  The 1050 sips power and has no external power connection.

yes it doesnt use external power but at max power usage would the GPU not boost up and get lower FPS i am worried it might need more power 

1 minute ago, psydox said:

Hey, I have had a pc with this similar case before, let me tell you that a 1050 will not fit in there. Are you ordering online or have you seen it in store? Those cases are very small and are made for office work that would generally just include typing stuff like emails. I would also like to point out you will have a hard time looking for a fitting power supply, those PCs are made to be maintained, not upgraded.

Also remember the trouble you will go through trying to make further upgrades to this, trying to get stuff to fit right.

in my Latest post i found out that gpu does work in my case but thank you for your response ^_^

Just now, TheCosmosAKAtheNerd said:

in my Latest post i found out that gpu does work in my case but thank you for your response ^_^

Oh! Great to hear. I have edited my original post with suggestions to save money and possibly be able to use your current power supply.

2 minutes ago, TheCosmosAKAtheNerd said:

No it should be fine.  The GPU uses like 75 watts at full blast.  The 320W PSU you have should be plenty.  There ARE SFF PSUs out there, but I would try what you have first.  

If it came down to it for me, I'd just purchase an inexpensive gaming case that has enough space to store a large PSU. Chances are, if you do find a PSU small enough to fit inside that case, it's probably either a very expensive PSU or a piece of junk, meaning it will mess up and probably take the CPU and motherboard with it.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Ok thanks

Just now, TechPrince said:

If it came down to it for me, I'd just purchase an inexpensive gaming case that has enough space to store a large PSU. Chances are, if you do find a PSU small enough to fit inside that case, it's probably either a very expensive PSU or a piece of junk, meaning it will mess up and probably take the CPU and motherboard with it.

Sry but im on a really tight a$$ budget so sry but thanks for your answer ^_^

That's just fine. I'm on a bit of a tight budget my self all the time, it's hard for me to earn a lot of money in a quick a time.

Just a tip, though: the case you have is a mostly metal case. Metal cases typically go for around a hundred bucks on eBay refurbished, no matter what the case. Your SFF case might go for a little less than that, though. You might be able to sell it and get a bigger case AND maybe upgrade your 1050 2gb to a 1050 ti 4gb for the same/just a tad more than you are already spending, or just a bigger case.

Just now, TechPrince said:

That's just fine. I'm on a bit of a tight budget my self all the time, it's hard for me to earn a lot of money in a quick a time.

Just a tip, though: the case you have is a mostly metal case. Metal cases typically go for around a hundred bucks on eBay refurbished, no matter what the case. Your SFF case might go for a little less than that, though. You might be able to sell it and get a bigger case AND maybe upgrade your 1050 2gb to a 1050 ti 4gb for the same/just a tad more than you are already spending, or just a bigger case.

No Thank You i really dont have the money and its mt first gaming PC so im not gonna be playin rise of the tomb raider or any of those fancy games

Oh, and another tip: if you ever decide to upgrade your computer or build your own, try Newegg or B&H. They are typically cheaper than a lot of other places, and they aren't overseas. I use PCPartPicker to get all my parts, as it gives me cheap prices instantly and double checks that I'm collecting compatible parts.

1 minute ago, TheCosmosAKAtheNerd said:

No Thank You i really dont have the money and its mt first gaming PC so im not gonna be playin rise of the tomb raider or any of those fancy games

Okay xD

Tbh I just play Minecraft and CS:GO. COD every once in a while myself, so I get you on that :P