AFX MK0217 mechanical keyboard

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had used the AFX MK0217 before... I'd be using it purely for work, and haven't been allowed to try it out in store (which is annoying). 

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of I for or reviews online, which again is frustrating. 

Any information or reviews other than a short YouTube video of the different RGB modes taken on a shaky phone camera would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Gary

AFX like with ADX is a Dixons Stores Group own brand label and they're more then likely not going to be sending out units to the major tech hubs for review since they're just made in China keyboard with a massive markup on the price.

45 minutes ago, demonix00 said:

AFX like with ADX is a Dixons Stores Group own brand label and they're more then likely not going to be sending out units to the major tech hubs for review since they're just made in China keyboard with a massive markup on the price.

Yeah I was aware that they're own brand, but the price is really good and on paper it looks pretty good. It uses swift he's which a good few other more well known brands do. Has anyone hands on with them at all? They wouldn't let me try them out in store, which is really frustrating. 

Unfortunately, I only have the AFX firefight K01 so I can't really say anything about that version (also it's already broken, but that was from a bit of anger induced abuse).

On 15/08/2018 at 10:38 PM, demonix00 said:

Unfortunately, I only have the AFX firefight K01 so I can't really say anything about that version (also it's already broken, but that was from a bit of anger induced abuse).

Well I eventually talked the shop into letting me get the AFX MK0217 out of the box and having a try of it before buying, It seemed really solid, with some decent keys (relative to the cheap Logitec keyboard I had before) and generally pretty good. I have it now, and am again pretty impressed with it. The keys aren't too loud (aside from the really tinny sounding space bar), feel really solid, RGB looks fairly impressive, which was not vital at all, but my daughters like it (I secretly love it too).

I have little to no experience with a more premium keyboard, but what I can say is that it's a hefty step up from what I had been using.