MSI HD 7950 Graphics Card coil whine

BoomLiam

So I have installed my new 7950 and everything is running fine, I have put an overclock of 1.04GHz onto it and it runs like a dream in games like Crysis 3, however, whenever I launch Bioshock Infinite, I begin to hear an annoying buzzing through my headset, this would then also be picked up in my mic when I was in Skype calls. Upon closer inspection, I realised that this buzzing/whining sound was coming from inside my computer. I then ran the "Triangle of Death" in MSI Kombustor and was ensured that this whining was being caused by my Graphics card. Now the noise itself in games is not audible through my case but because it is being picked up from my headset, it is very annoying.

What I want to know is, if I buy a sound card like an Asus Xonar DGX, will this whining be removed from my headset and will I be able to play without hearing it or most importantly, without it being transmitted through my mic.

Better still, is there a way to completely remove the coil whine? (At least I am pretty confident it is coil whine)

Thanks for your help guys :3

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

Are you sure it is coil whine, because if it is coming from the headset then I am not sure if it is coil whine! If it is actual coil whine coming from the actual GPU then that is a different case. There are several reasons why coil whine can be caused by several reasons, check out this video on the LinusTechTips Channel for more information:

[url=

]
[/url=
]

Absolutely a sound card can remove the EMI. Any card with shielding on it would be the best bet.

If you can find a used ST/STX/Xense/Phoebus, snag it.

Absolutely a sound card can remove the EMI. Any card with shielding on it would be the best bet.

If you can find a used ST/STX/Xense/Phoebus, snag it.

Coil whine is a bit different, just avoid running at 1000+ fps :P

Coil whine would be an actual noise that you can hear coming from your computer. If you're hearing distortions/noises in your audio then that is interference. Getting a sound card might help, a sound card with an EMI shield might be necessary though if just getting a sound card doesn't work.