Xbox type Streaming apps for Steam BPM?

bANONYMOUS
Go to solution Solved by Snipergod87,

You could have the xBox for easy access to stream apps (or use a smart TV) and either get a Steamlink or a small PC to stream games from a gaming PC in your house (assuming you have one)

I've been wanting to build a living room gaming PC for awhile now, however the girlfriend says the Xbox One doesn't need to be replaced because it's so much easier to use, and honestly I can't argue with that. It really is stupid simple to navigate. All we need it for is some games, Netflix, YouTube, PrimeVideo, and Plex. So really the Xbox does everything we need it to with a very simple user interface, however, I want to play games with maxed out graphics at higher frame rates, so does anyone know a PC alternative user interface where you can just easily select icons with an Xbox One controller or media remote?

I tried steam big picture mode and that was so far the best I could come up with, but I was having issues trying to figure out how to open steaming services through it, makes sense since it's a gaming platform but if there was a way to get Netflix, YouTube, PrimeVideo, and Plex as apps through Steam Big Picture Mode that would be ideal, it would literally be an Xbox killer in terms of function for me.

Thanks for any suggestions, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm considering giving up on this search and just buying the Xbox One X for the higher frame rates and calling it a day haha

Desktop: CASE: NZXT H510 Elite CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro GPU: 11GB EVGA FTW3 1080ti NVMe: 3x1TB  XPG Gammix S11 HDD: 1x8TB Barracuda PSU: HX1200 OS: Windows 10 Pro b19043
Laptop: CASE: Asus Zephyrus Duo CPU: Intel i7-10875H RAM: 32GB SSD: 2x Samsung 1TB NVMe RAID 0 OS: Pop_OS 20.04 LTS

Mobile: MODEL: Galaxy S21 Ultra  SSD: 128GB RAM: 12GB OS: Unlocked One UI 3.1 Android 11

Mobile: MODEL: Nubia Red Magic 5G SSD: 256GB RAM: 12GB OS: Rooted RM5S Android 11

You could have the xBox for easy access to stream apps (or use a smart TV) and either get a Steamlink or a small PC to stream games from a gaming PC in your house (assuming you have one)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god, you're a genius, I didn't even think about using the streaming apps in a Smart TV and then just build a gaming PC for the living room. She can't say no to this idea, it's too perfect!

Desktop: CASE: NZXT H510 Elite CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro GPU: 11GB EVGA FTW3 1080ti NVMe: 3x1TB  XPG Gammix S11 HDD: 1x8TB Barracuda PSU: HX1200 OS: Windows 10 Pro b19043
Laptop: CASE: Asus Zephyrus Duo CPU: Intel i7-10875H RAM: 32GB SSD: 2x Samsung 1TB NVMe RAID 0 OS: Pop_OS 20.04 LTS

Mobile: MODEL: Galaxy S21 Ultra  SSD: 128GB RAM: 12GB OS: Unlocked One UI 3.1 Android 11

Mobile: MODEL: Nubia Red Magic 5G SSD: 256GB RAM: 12GB OS: Rooted RM5S Android 11