Dbrand sample packs

davea77

Ive been looking at getting some skins from Dbrand and thinking it would be nice to be able to buy a sample pack. The web site and review videos are good but I would like to see the textures in real life.

What do people think?

27 minutes ago, NMS said:

There are no regrets. I purchased skins for my OP6. Best skins ever.

Thanks, nice to know they are good. Most of what I have seen about them is sponsored. Just finding it hard to choose from all the different textures.

I got tired of mine within a few months, never bought one again. And never will. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

I loved the skins and their quality. Had them on my Moto Z. But I removed them after a year or so when I switched to the Note8. 

And while I love the skins, I went back to slapping on cases. Say what you will about me ruining the aesthetics, but I need drop protection especially for a fragile piece of glass slab like the Note8 and while the skin helps with grip and gives it a unique look and feel, it doesn't really help with drops. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

4 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I loved the skins and their quality. Had them on my Moto Z. But I removed them after a year or so when I switched to the Note8. 

And while I love the skins, I went back to slapping on cases. Say what you will about me ruining the aesthetics, but I need drop protection especially for a fragile piece of glass slab like the Note8 and while the skin helps with grip and gives it a unique look and feel, it doesn't really help with drops. 

I got the iPhone 8 in Black, put a white Skin on the back of it, and got a clear backed case. It looks great, sorta like there’s layers to my phone. Though because I got the white it’s uh… a bit of a dust magnet under there.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

12 hours ago, aki adaki said:

I got tired of mine within a few months, never bought one again. And never will. 

maybe a fluffy skin would change your mind, but seriously was it a quality thing or are they just not your cup of tea.

7 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

Isn't dbrand 3m stuff? order 3m samples or visit your local car wrapper shop.

Thanks for great idea, I found some automotive skin sample packs and some other cool stuff while looking but it looks cheaper just to order some extra skins from dbrand. Once you get over the free shipping mark they are not to bad. 

I've had uh, 3 of them I think? First one I ordered was I think the matte finish, it was a tad too slippery almost as slippery as the aluminium on my iPhone, then I got a metal finish one in hyper black titanium which I kept on that phone until I sold it. I also got a matching one for my iPad. My advice would be go for something a bit of texture, the matte finish does not add any grip to the device sadly.

Now that I also have a PS4 Pro & Xbox One X i'm thinking about skinning them with Dbrand stuff, same with my MacBook Air. It's an expensive exercise, but I really like the quality of the product and scratch protection the skins add to the devices. I do wish however that their Apple ones did not have the cut out for the Apple or had an option to order one without it, because I don't overly care for the Apple logo on the iDevices.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

1 hour ago, davea77 said:

maybe a fluffy skin would change your mind, but seriously was it a quality thing or are they just not your cup of tea.

They are decent quality, but it's not their doing... Congratulate 3m for the sticker. But I had a HTC One m8, basically the worst choice phone for a sticker tons of curves and edges. It didn't cover some parts of the phone. I got a carbon fiber one it got really dirty quick and tore when I dropped it. Everyone else seems to like it, I haven't bought one again because... I don't think it's worth it. Get a nice case? 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

1 hour ago, Virus__ said:

I've had uh, 3 of them I think? First one I ordered was I think the matte finish, it was a tad too slippery almost as slippery as the aluminium on my iPhone, then I got a metal finish one in hyper black titanium which I kept on that phone until I sold it. I also got a matching one for my iPad. My advice would be go for something a bit of texture, the matte finish does not add any grip to the device sadly.

Now that I also have a PS4 Pro & Xbox One X i'm thinking about skinning them with Dbrand stuff, same with my MacBook Air. It's an expensive exercise, but I really like the quality of the product and scratch protection the skins add to the devices. I do wish however that their Apple ones did not have the cut out for the Apple or had an option to order one without it, because I don't overly care for the Apple logo on the iDevices.

That's funny I'm sure some of my friends only buy apple for the logo.

I'm the same as you and looking at skinning a few things eg. xbox, switch and Ipads for my kids.

I'm going to do my phone first and order some extra to get a look and feel for what they are like before I move on to the bigger more expensive ones.

6 minutes ago, davea77 said:

That's funny I'm sure some of my friends only buy apple for the logo.

I'm the same as you and looking at skinning a few things eg. xbox, switch and Ipads for my kids.

I'm going to do my phone first and order some extra to get a look and feel for what they are like before I move on to the bigger more expensive ones.

Also since you're in Aus, you might be better paying for FedEX, i've gone with their free/cheap shipping before & holy shit, it came via DHL & it was over 2 months for one set of skins, all because DHL thought it should sit in Germany for 6 or more weeks for no reason.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

1 hour ago, Virus__ said:

Also since you're in Aus, you might be better paying for FedEX, i've gone with their free/cheap shipping before & holy shit, it came via DHL & it was over 2 months for one set of skins, all because DHL thought it should sit in Germany for 6 or more weeks for no reason.

Thanks for the heads up, hate waiting to long for shipping.

2 hours ago, davea77 said:

Thanks for the heads up, hate waiting to long for shipping.

Yeah & especially if you're thinking of getting skins for like 4 or 5 devices, it'll be worth it, especially since FedEx is 3-5 day turn around.

I’ve had DBrand skins before and they were great, but I’ve found that slickwraps offer much more in terms of materials and textures!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: