Anyone farmiliar with the Samsung CFG70?

AidenBear

I've found the Samsung CFG70 for a great price and it has amazing features. It is 24 inch, 1080p, slightly curved, 144hz, 1ms response time and has a VA panel. Many people are saying that some units have issues such as terrible ghosting and purple appearing on the screen. Does anyone have this monitor and if you do does yours have any defects?

Specs

CPU - I5-8500

GPU - MSI Gaming GTX 1070Ti

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3

RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3000MHZ

SSD - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB

HDD - Western Digital 1TB

Case - NZXT S340 Elite

PSU - Corsair TX650M

Peripherals / Monitor

Monitor - Acer Predator XB241H 24" 1080p 144Hz G-Sync

Keyboard - Razer Ornata Chroma

Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma

Headset - Turtle Beach PX24

I don't have that specific monitor, but I do have the Samsung C32HG70 which is a VA gaming panel from Samsung. I personally have not had any issues with the monitor besides a few power issues while overclocking as the monitor would get confused. I have no ghosting and there are no weird purple problems on mine. I cannot say for sure that the monitor you are looking for will not have those problems, but since mine is a close cousin and has none of these issues, it is likely that the monitor you are looking at will have none of these issues as well. If you are concerned you should seek out a warranty service is available just to give you some piece of mind, like squaretrade or some other company. 

1 hour ago, Maximusfoximus said:

I don't have that specific monitor, but I do have the Samsung C32HG70 which is a VA gaming panel from Samsung. I personally have not had any issues with the monitor besides a few power issues while overclocking as the monitor would get confused. I have no ghosting and there are no weird purple problems on mine. I cannot say for sure that the monitor you are looking for will not have those problems, but since mine is a close cousin and has none of these issues, it is likely that the monitor you are looking at will have none of these issues as well. If you are concerned you should seek out a warranty service is available just to give you some piece of mind, like squaretrade or some other company. 

Ok thanks.

Specs

CPU - I5-8500

GPU - MSI Gaming GTX 1070Ti

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3

RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3000MHZ

SSD - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB

HDD - Western Digital 1TB

Case - NZXT S340 Elite

PSU - Corsair TX650M

Peripherals / Monitor

Monitor - Acer Predator XB241H 24" 1080p 144Hz G-Sync