Corsair CS 750M PCI-E 8 Pin OEM?

NoodleFish
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

You cannot use non-Corsair cables with Corsair PSUs.  You cannot use non-EVGA cables with EVGA PSUs.  You cannot use non-Seasonic cables with Seasonic PSUs......

Seeing a trend here?

It shouldn't be "really hard to find a cable" unless you're in Antarctica.  You can get them directly from Corsair, Amazon, Newegg, etc. or buy aftermarket cables made specifically for Corsair PSUs from Cablemod.

3 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Contact corsair. You need a Type 3 PCIe cable.

Type 4 will work too if you can't find type 3.  Only the 24-pin on a fully modular PSU is different between type 3 and type 4.

Is it safe to use a non oem Dual 8 pin PCI-E cable for my 1080 TI? Like any brand? It's really hard to find one that comes with my PSU. 

Thanks.

Do you mean a third party modular cable made for your specific PSU? That should be fine. Although I'd be shocked if the CS750M didn't come with two 8pin PCIe connectors...

You cannot use non-Corsair cables with Corsair PSUs.  You cannot use non-EVGA cables with EVGA PSUs.  You cannot use non-Seasonic cables with Seasonic PSUs......

Seeing a trend here?

It shouldn't be "really hard to find a cable" unless you're in Antarctica.  You can get them directly from Corsair, Amazon, Newegg, etc. or buy aftermarket cables made specifically for Corsair PSUs from Cablemod.

3 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Contact corsair. You need a Type 3 PCIe cable.

Type 4 will work too if you can't find type 3.  Only the 24-pin on a fully modular PSU is different between type 3 and type 4.

On 6/22/2018 at 1:16 AM, jonnyGURU said:

Seeing a trend here?

OMG it's let LEGENDARY PSU GOD, JOHNNYGURU! Ty for the response. Btw I live in B.C not too far from LMG's office. Apparently Corsair's online shop for Canada is broken atm so I cannot order an oem part from them. I could get one from Amazon, but they only supply braided. Would this work for my CS 750M? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dual-8pin-6-2-PCI-E-Modular-Power-Cable-for-corsair-HX650-HX750-HX850-HX1050/323094110154?hash=item4b39e8dfca:g:k5kAAOSwru9bEfd~ 

I know the CS cables are compatible with the HX series not quite sure if this would be reliable.

On 22.6.2018 at 10:16 AM, jonnyGURU said:

You cannot use non-Corsair cables with Corsair PSUs.

UUps, I did that and it still works.

There are examples for that.

Cougar GX-F for example...

But thanks to the coloring of the cables (now all black), you can't easily see if a cable is compatible or not.

In the olden days it took you less than 10s to see if two cables were compatible...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

UUps, I did that and it still works.

There are examples for that.

Cougar GX-F for example...

But thanks to the coloring of the cables (now all black), you can't easily see if a cable is compatible or not.

In the olden days it took you less than 10s to see if two cables were compatible...

Fortunately, Corsair cables are labeled where they plug into the PSU.  If it doesn't say Type 3 or Type 4, don't use it.  :D

5 hours ago, NoodleFish said:

I live in B.C not too far from LMG's office. Apparently Corsair's online shop for Canada is broken atm

How is the website "broken" for you?  

Does this link not work for you: https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-3-Sleeved-Black-PCIe-Pig-Tail-Cable/p/CP-8920114

5 hours ago, NoodleFish said:

I could get one from Amazon, but they only supply braided. Would this work for my CS 750M? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dual-8pin-6-2-PCI-E-Modular-Power-Cable-for-corsair-HX650-HX750-HX850-HX1050/323094110154?hash=item4b39e8dfca:g:k5kAAOSwru9bEfd~ 

I know the CS cables are compatible with the HX series not quite sure if this would be reliable.

I wouldn't trust that cable.  It could be for HX Bronze and not for Gold/Platinum; which would work on your CS.  The UPC and MPN provided in the item listing are neither Corsair UPC or part number.  And zooming in on the cable reveals no markings on the connectors.

18 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Fortunately, Corsair cables are labeled where they plug into the PSU.  If it doesn't say Type 3 or Type 4, don't use it.  :D

How is the website "broken" for you?  

Does this link not work for you: https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-3-Sleeved-Black-PCIe-Pig-Tail-Cable/p/CP-8920114

I wouldn't trust that cable.  It could be for HX Bronze and not for Gold/Platinum; which would work on your CS.  The UPC and MPN provided in the item listing are neither Corsair UPC or part number.  And zooming in on the cable reveals no markings on the connectors.

Thanks for the response. Yeah I was looking for a duel 8 pin, but I guess they're really hard to find new. I might as well buy the two separate 8 pin braided cable from corsair on Amazon. About the Corsair shop on Canada, try adding any of the items in cart. It wont work. I even asked on Corsair Support, and they said that their E shop IT is having trouble for the Canadian site. They dont know when it's going to get fixed. RIP