Upgrade suggestions from Apple iPhone SE

Hiya! I am currently looking for suggestions on upgrading from the iPhone SE 64GB.

I am tired of the limited storage and limitations from the OS in general.

Location - British Columbia, Canada.

Price Range - $700-$1200CAD

GSMArena for reference:

https://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_se-7969.php

Preferences:

OS - Android

Internal Storage - 64GB+

Micro SD Card slot - Supports 256GB

Camera - Primary 14MP+ & Secondary does not matter

Battery - Something that lasts a good while

Brand - Does not matter to me

Screen Size - Does not matter to me

The only games I play on the phone are rhythm tapping games.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for a phone, I am all ears!

What exactly about iOS do you feel is restricting you. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

11 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

What exactly about iOS do you feel is restricting you. 

I do own an iPod 4th generation 32GB as well and that things kicks butt. The battery life on that thing when you are just listening to music lasts so long!

I think for me, transferring things or dealing with iTunes is annoying. I have a large amount of music on my phone, and iTunes will transfer my music over to the phone but some of the songs will either not get transferred properly or they end up being grayed out after the transfer is complete. Music if a big thing for me.

Storage space, there is no expanding unless you pay for the cloud storage. (I knew that when I bought the phone)

Battery life. I would like more battery (I could use a power bank), although it still holds up for about 3-ish days without charging it again depending on what I do. Though that might be typical for the phone.

Those are probably the top things that are driving me away from the phone, especially the music and storage.

Maybe IOS limitations was not the best phrase to use, I should have just listed the things that I found annoying.

2 minutes ago, brndn1 said:

I think for me, transferring things or dealing with iTunes is annoying. I have a large amount of music on my phone, and iTunes will transfer my music over to the phone but some of the songs will either not get transferred properly or they end up being grayed out after the transfer is complete. Music if a big thing for me.

Ahh this is common. Well let me give you a few hints to getting iTunes to work seamlessly. 

First off you want to manually manage music and videos (check the box titled that in your device tab in iTunes) unless you want your PC/Mac to be perfectly in sync (like I do). 

As for the greying out or not being able to transfer, this happens when you have many music files scattered around your PC and move them, delete them, or rename them. The easiest way to avoid that is to just consolidate all your music into one folder and have that house all your albums and tracks. From there you can delete your old iTunes library and just drag an drop the folder into iTunes to create a new library, and as long as you save all future music there, you won't have any issues with iTunes. 

Cant fix battery or storage complaints other than to say get a phone with a bigger battery and get more storage right off the bat.

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/202190359089?chn=ps

Bottom camera, but has most of the specs you need.

OS - Android - Yes, it has Android.

Internal Storage - 64GB+ - Ships with 64GB.

Micro SD Card slot - Supports 256GB - No MicroSD slot. :(

Camera - Primary 14MP+ & Secondary does not matter - 16MP front.

Battery - Something that lasts a good while - 3400mAh battery.

Brand - Does not matter to me - There you go.

Screen Size - Does not matter to me - There you go.

You can buy the more higher end models than include these features. I think Xiaomi has more higher end phones, but I'm not sure.

You can also look at the OnePlus 5, 5T and 6.

hi.

2 minutes ago, brndn1 said:

I do own an iPod 4th generation 32GB as well and that things kicks butt. The battery life on that thing when you are just listening to music lasts so long!

Storage space, there is no expanding unless you pay for the cloud storage. (I knew that when I bought the phone)

Battery life. I would like more battery (I could use a power bank), although it still holds up for about 3-ish days without charging it again depending on what I do. Though that might be typical for the phone.

Those are probably the top things that are driving me away from the phone, especially the music and storage.

Maybe IOS limitations was not the best phrase to use, I should have just listed the things that I found annoying.

I ain't here to make u buy Apples shit. But me personally I like iOS compared to Any android they will ever offer, you know why??

SOFTWARE UPDATES and annually at the least. 

Unless you decide to get a Pixel 2 or for god sakes the even uglier ass Pixel 3 then you won't get any support for the next android releases. Which is absurd that this is still a thing, on android. And continues to be the biggest reason I hate it. I love the extreme customization it offers but its crippled because of the lack of updates it won't get down the road. 

You may say "Oh having Android N or Oreo for the next 2-3 years is fine. Seeing how fast tech changes your mind will change just as those who still have fricken kit kat did when they saw Android P for the first time. OS's get out of date simple, and since companies like Samsung, LG, Huawai, Oppo, etc. don't want to get off there ass's and update there damn phones. I won't be getting said phones, simple. 

Fixing this problem is simple as well. If they dropped there gross ass skin said companies add to android then they could easily do what Google does for there own phones. But they don't, will never get that. Seeing as they don't get ad money from it like some chinese skins do, it literally costs them money to do this, so stupid. 

You expect me to reply then you'd best QUOTE me so I can........thanks

Simple PC Parts list to reference for other Users:

Case: Meshify C

CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.8

Mobo: ASRock AB350 Pro4

Ram: 2 x 8gb (Corsair RGB Pro)

GPU: XFX RX 580 8gb - Clocks: Core @1386mhz, memory @2000mhz

Storage:

Boot drive - 120gb NVME Corsair MP500

Main Storage drive - 500gb 860 EVO

Archival/Backup drive - 2TB Black WD

Mouse: Logi M570 for work, and a G502 for gaming

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650 80+ Gold

OS: And of course Win 10 Pro, because Linux ain't fully baked yet.

Monitors: (27in monitors)

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

58 minutes ago, brndn1 said:

Hiya! I am currently looking for suggestions on upgrading from the iPhone SE 64GB.

I am tired of the limited storage and limitations from the OS in general.

Location - British Columbia, Canada.

Price Range - $700-$1200CAD

GSMArena for reference:

https://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_se-7969.php

Preferences:

OS - Android

Internal Storage - 64GB+

Micro SD Card slot - Supports 256GB

Camera - Primary 14MP+ & Secondary does not matter

Battery - Something that lasts a good while

Brand - Does not matter to me

Screen Size - Does not matter to me

The only games I play on the phone are rhythm tapping games.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for a phone, I am all ears!

Ok so reason why I said everything before is that it depends if u want to get an android phone that gets latest android versions or not?? Cuz if you do then your options are pretty  limited. 

Some great Options tho:

- OnePlus 6 or 6t in a few more months

- Pixel 2 or 3 in a few months

- Essential phone for 500 with stock android 

Ones that won't get updates:

Samsung Note 9

LG V40

etc. 

Point is that there are fewer phones that get updates. So then those that aren't Oneplus 6 - 6t, Pixel 2 - 3, or Essential will get limited updates in the next few years. 

You expect me to reply then you'd best QUOTE me so I can........thanks

Simple PC Parts list to reference for other Users:

Case: Meshify C

CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.8

Mobo: ASRock AB350 Pro4

Ram: 2 x 8gb (Corsair RGB Pro)

GPU: XFX RX 580 8gb - Clocks: Core @1386mhz, memory @2000mhz

Storage:

Boot drive - 120gb NVME Corsair MP500

Main Storage drive - 500gb 860 EVO

Archival/Backup drive - 2TB Black WD

Mouse: Logi M570 for work, and a G502 for gaming

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650 80+ Gold

OS: And of course Win 10 Pro, because Linux ain't fully baked yet.

Monitors: (27in monitors)

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz