Gaming headset suggestion.

Codey2k

So, I wanna clear some things up because I know you guys are gonna say it. I know gaming headsets don't have the best reputation but I have no other options. Getting normal pair of headphones and pairing them up with a mic is not an option as it would cost a lot because of where I live. My budget is $100 US. Also, I'm not able to buy any HyperX headset because they aren't available here. So suggest me some good pair of headsets within this price range. It would be highly appreciated. :) 

There are some steelseries ones that are quite nice. Can't remember the product name tho. 

Logitech G430 is cheap and sounds pretty good. I own two pairs that still work to this day. I also have the G933 which I have been very happy with so far, but is more expensive.

2 minutes ago, Kered124 said:

Logitech G430 is cheap and sounds pretty good. I own two pairs that still work to this day. I also have the G933 which I have been very happy with so far, but is more expensive.

What about the G231 Prodigy? It's basically the G430 without 7.1 surround sound and I'm willing to live without that.

I also own a pair of those haha, they sound pretty good, although the price seems to be higher than the G430 where I live. (My local Wal-mart carries both of these headphones.) Both sound good and are pretty comfortable. My only complaint is that they feel a little cheap, but they have worked for me for years now, so I like them.

2 minutes ago, Kered124 said:

I also own a pair of those haha, they sound pretty good, although the price seems to be higher than the G430 where I live. (My local Wal-mart carries both of these headphones.) Both sound good and are pretty comfortable. My only complaint is that they feel a little cheap, but they have worked for me for years now, so I like them.

Thanks dude. Just wondering, how comfortable are they and what's the longest amount of time you've spent with these on?

24 minutes ago, Codey2k said:

So, I wanna clear some things up because I know you guys are gonna say it. I know gaming headsets don't have the best reputation but I have no other options. Getting normal pair of headphones and pairing them up with a mic is not an option as it would cost a lot because of where I live. My budget is $100 US. Also, I'm not able to buy any HyperX headset because they aren't available here. So suggest me some good pair of headsets within this price range. It would be highly appreciated. :) 

Sibera 200s, works fine and is cheap

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Corsair Void wireless if you have a big enough dome.

I was actually considering the Corsair Void Stereo as that's within my budget.

14 minutes ago, Codey2k said:

I was actually considering the Corsair Void Stereo as that's within my budget.

Great headset. Just went wireless since I have a habit of walking away from my computer still connected. 

5 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Great headset. Just went wireless since I have a habit of walking away from my computer still connected. 

lol thanks for the help. Would you say that the Void Stereo is overall better than the G231s?

I would not recommend you to buy a gaming headset. Gaming headsets have awful audio quality. I would recommend you to go with a real headset. Beyerdynamic is the most, comfortable headphones in my opinion, and they sound really good. Surround sound headphone are the worst, just buy a stereo. Even a stereo headset could give you a surround sound experience if a game has a good audio. Check out this virtual barber shop and you will see that even your stereo headset will give you a surround experience.

Check out Z reviews, if you want a good headset.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3XdYJjWliOdKuZMNaTiP8Q

Logitech G430's 

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G430-Headphone-Cable-Sports-Performance/dp/B00CQ35C1Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529354323&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+g430&dpID=41uTJ%2BpyZ-L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

They are decent for the price, have controls on the cord, the mic is good, comes with a USB adapter, comfy for people bigger heads (refer to my profile picture). I like em

If you ask a audiophile what kind of headset should I get, he would never tell you to get a corsair void.

Just now, ninjasupahsquid said:

Logitech G430's 

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G430-Headphone-Cable-Sports-Performance/dp/B00CQ35C1Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529354323&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+g430&dpID=41uTJ%2BpyZ-L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

They are decent for the price, have controls on the cord, the mic is good, comes with a USB adapter, comfy for people bigger heads (refer to my profile picture). I like em

I had G430, no reason to get them the g230 are better. The surround is really bad.

If you cant afford a real headset get a superflux and then a mic, should be under 100$

2 minutes ago, FractalMaor said:

Those cost a lot. The reason I don't wanna buy a normal headphone is that, as I said I need a mic and buying a normal headphone with a mic would be too costly. But the headphones you suggested cost a lot anyway. My budget is $100. I'm not an audiophile. I just need a good pair of gaming headsets (surround sound isn't necessary at all) that I will use mostly for gaming and quite a bit of music listening as well.

9 minutes ago, FractalMaor said:

the g230 are better. The surround is really bad.

The G430's have 7.1 surround vs. the g230's have bog standard stereo 

and the surround isn't at all bad... and the base is POWERFULL!!!

3 minutes ago, ninjasupahsquid said:

The G430's have 7.1 surround vs. the g230's have bog standard stereo 

and the surround isn't at all bad... and the base is POWERFULL!!!

I don't like virtual surround sound, I think it sounds worse but that is my opinion. Stereo sounds better in my opinion, you don't need surround sound for things to sound surround.

6 minutes ago, Codey2k said:

Those cost a lot. The reason I don't wanna buy a normal headphone is that, as I said I need a mic and buying a normal headphone with a mic would be too costly. But the headphones you suggested cost a lot anyway. My budget is $100. I'm not an audiophile. I just need a good pair of gaming headsets (surround sound isn't necessary at all) that I will use mostly for gaming and quite a bit of music listening as well.

Then just get a superlux for like $50 and a a decent mic for $50

9 minutes ago, Codey2k said:

https://www.amazon.ca/Audio-Technica-AUD-ATHM20X-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR18/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1529355470&sr=1-4&keywords=superlux

https://www.amazon.ca/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1529355527&sr=1-1&keywords=superlux

3 minutes ago, FractalMaor said:

I don't like virtual surround sound,

Thats your opinion on a feature... some people may like it... I happen to love the surround sound combined with the power of the base I can tell when someone throws a grenade in a game I know which direction to jump and where the grenade blew up

1 minute ago, ninjasupahsquid said:

Thats your opinion on a feature... some people may like it... I happen to love the surround sound combined with the power of the base I can tell when someone throws a grenade in a game I know which direction to jump and where the grenade blew up

You can tell without surround sound if game audio is good

11 minutes ago, Codey2k said:

quite a bit of music listening as well.

If you want a good music listening experience then definitely go for the G430's they can play music to the point where I actually can tune out everyone and someone has to throw something at me to get my attention