New monitor question

JuanTroll

Hello, I'm looking to finally get a 1440p monitor after having a 1080p for so long. I'm looking for one with 144 hz or higher refresh rate.

I've been told that my below GPU won't be able to utilize a new monitor like this so I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight on what kind of GPU and monitor to buy.

I play newer FPS games as well as some other RPGs and such. I want some longevity with these upgrades.

System specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270x

Mobo: ASRock H97 Pro4 ATX

PSU: Thermaltake 700w

Processor: i5-4590 3.30GHz

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, JuanTroll said:

Hello, I'm looking to finally get a 1440p monitor after having a 1080p for so long. I'm looking for one with 144 hz or higher refresh rate.

I've been told that my below GPU won't be able to utilize a new monitor like this so I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight on what kind of GPU and monitor to buy.

I play newer FPS games as well as some other RPGs and such. I want some longevity with these upgrades.

System specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270x

Mobo: ASRock H97 Pro4 ATX

PSU: Thermaltake 700w

Processor: i5-4590 3.30GHz

Thanks!

For a monitor with that specs, you'll want at LEAST a 1060 6GB. A 1070 will comfortably support that resolution. It should be able to run Ultra on most games, though some of the newest AAA titles might need to just be on high. The 1070 is known to rock 1440p gaming, so I think that's your best bet.

If it's in your budget, a 1080 would definitely crush any 1440p gaming you can throw at it for awhile to come.

Ryzen 7 2700X | ZOTAC 3070 AMP HOLO | 32GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz | SeaSonic 620W PSU | ASRock B350 Pro4 | Too many SSDs

I’m going to assume you are playing stuff like pubg/fortnite/battlefield and etc.

for 1440p at 144hz, you will need a 1080ti and a brand new i7 cpu because that i5 can’t do it.

my advise is either stick with a 60hz monitor and use the saved funds to upgrading your parts in the future.