Can I control 3-Pin Corsair SP120 fans?

Cavasi

My title basically is what I'm looking to do, I know PWM control makes it quite easy to control the RPM of fans, but is it true you can still control the voltage of the fans to in turn get the same result? Is there a program for this? I have SpeedFan installed but I haven't a clue on how to use it. Would buying a fan hub be easier?

In bios set the fan control mode to DC/3pin/Voltage or whatever else is the second option beside PWM.

What motherboard do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

you can

you might need a DC controller, some boards dropped support for DC volt control since they believe everyone uses PWM fans

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

If you can control or not depends on motherboard, not about fans. Most modern boards support DC control as well as PWM control. It might be limited to certain headers or lack features (like control under 7V speed).

Speedfan is verified to work on Intels Devils Canyon chipset or older and AMD FX series or older. Any newer board will be hit and miss if it works or not.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv