27" 1ms vs 32" 4ms | 1440p 144hz Monitors

XMB_BROOKSBY

Currently I have a 29" LG Ultrawide 1080p 5ms. Looking at upgrading to either a 27" 1ms or 32" 4ms monitor, they are both 1440p 144hz and dont have g-sync. Would i be better with a smaller and higher response rate monitor or should i go with a bigger slower response time.

These are the three monitors i am currently considering, 

AOC AG322QCX - https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/ag322qcx/specs ($548AUD, 27", 4MS)

MSI Optix MAG27CQ - https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-MAG27CQ/Specification ($578AUD, 27", 1MS)

AOC AG271QX - https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/ag271qx ($580AUD, 27", 1MS)

Smaller response time is better, but almost guaranteed you won't notice that kind of difference.  I would look at ratings and reviews of the 32" to verify it doesn't have any known issues, then go for the 32" if you think you're fine with that size (27" would also be fine).  The first two are VA panels, the bottom is TN.  Read up on panel types and take into account what you plan to use the monitor for, and weigh your decision to see if you want one panel type over the other.  Another difference is that the AOC 32" has a higher brightness rating, if that matters to you.

On 6/11/2018 at 5:56 PM, PineyCreek said:

Smaller response time is better, but almost guaranteed you won't notice that kind of difference.  I would look at ratings and reviews of the 32" to verify it doesn't have any known issues, then go for the 32" if you think you're fine with that size (27" would also be fine).  The first two are VA panels, the bottom is TN.  Read up on panel types and take into account what you plan to use the monitor for, and weigh your decision to see if you want one panel type over the other.  Another difference is that the AOC 32" has a higher brightness rating, if that matters to you.

I've decided ill be going with a VA panel. Still trying to decide between the AOC 32 and MSI 27. Compared to my ultrawide with the 27" id lose 7cm of horizontal space and it being curved i feel like itll feel even worse. 

30 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The 27" one will look better, so I'd go for that.  You aren't going to notice a 3ms difference though.

I looked at DPI compared to my current monitor. I think going to the 32" i wont see a decrease in picture quality but with the 27" id definitely see a difference 

Current ultrawide: 95 DPI

32" AOC: 91 DPI

27" MSI: 108 DPI