I need a little help

Brettyboo

I need to clean a family members laptop and apply new thermal compound as well as my own, what compound should I get, and how much do I need for two laptops?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087X728K/?tag=pcpapi-20

Really depends how much you use, how many times you mess up and have to re-apply. You should have several applications with plenty to spare in this tube.

Personal Computer Build:

CPU: i7-4790k | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 16GB G. Skill | Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1070 TI Founders Edition | Case: Corsair 750D | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB / Western Digital Black 1TB / Western Digital Blue 1TB | Power Supply: EVGA 750watt SuperNova Gold Rated | Displays: 3 VG248QE 24" 144hz, 1MS | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 | Keyboard: Razer Chroma BlackWidow

1 minute ago, Tha Joker said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087X728K/?tag=pcpapi-20

Really depends how much you use, how many times you mess up and have to re-apply. You should have several applications with plenty to spare in this tube.

I can't recommend AS5 on laptops. I've see it get on the surrounding pads, and it destroyed a CPU.

i always recommend Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Artic Silver 5, MX-4 or Noctua NT-H1 can't go wrong with either.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Mx4 or kryonaut are both really good options as they are highly conductive and easy to use while not being electrically conductive as arctic silver 5. IC diamond is also good though it will pretty much without fail scratch the die which I've had happen on every cpu and gpu I've put it on. :( great stability for long term use and non electrically conductive though.