AMD Bundling SimCity with its A8 and A10 APUs

ExDreamer

Starting next week, AMD will be bundling in a free copy of Sim City with its desktop APUs.

To promote the company’s APUs and demonstrate the integrated Radeon HD 7000D’s gaming abilities, AMD will be providing a free Origin-redeemable code for Sim City with purchases of eligible desktop APUs, specifically the A8-5500, A8-5600K, A10-5700 and A10-5800K.

When we consider that an A8-5500 APU can be purchased for $80 and SimCity currently retails for $60, the promotion offers an impressive value for money and may further entice “disgruntled majors†to Maxis’ controversial title.

The promotion is expected to start next week and run until the end of Q3 2013.

Source : http://www.tomshardware.com/news/APU-AMD-SimCity-Promotion-free,21882.html

Hopefully AMD would do this for FX cpu also.

Thats all great but they are giving SimCity away... Looks like another origin promotion to me

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Here comes another flock of disappointed Sim City owners. I say that because I wanted a real successor to Sim City 4, not Societies.