Just built new pc temps seem high as well as core voltage

Go to solution Solved by SquintyG33Rs,
20 hours ago, xxMrTimelessxx said:

Ok so u think my voltage spikes of between 1.3 to 1.45 are normal? Never owned an and processor so not sure if that is normal for it. Also my other big question is when I’m in my motherboard bios my temps are between 45c and 57c but when in Ryzen master in Windows I’m at 35c. Why is that?

motherboard bios doesn't regulate things like windows so the temps are weirdly high in it even tho you're doing nothing rly, that's 100% normal.

the voltages are technically high when considered as an overclock voltage but that's not what's going on here because it doesn't happen on all cores loads. so yeah it's nothing super crazy to worry about. and if it's really going out of spec it will probably be tweaked in a bios update. make sure you do those, right after launch there tends to be a couple to fix bugs that surface

Hi everyone. I want to get you guys opinions on why my 2700x Ryzen cpu is showing temps between 42 and 57 on idle and core voltage on stock speeds go from 1.3 to 1.45 volts. The colts don’t seem normal especially at idle as well as tempatures reaching close to 60 at idle. I’m using an ASUS Crosshair hero x470 and a Noctua d15s cooler.

5 minutes ago, xxMrTimelessxx said:

That's probably SenseMI just doing it's thing. But that voltage is probably too high. Try turning off any multi-core enhancement features if they're on by default.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

That's probably SenseMI just doing it's thing. But that voltage is probably too high. Try turning off any multi-core enhancement features if they're on by default.

Oh yeah I remember reading somewhere ASUS turned on certain things to make processor faster but caused temps to go up. I don’t remember the settings though. Any ideas? Also would a faulty motherboard or processor cause high temps and high voltage?

this is why i dislike Asus's implementation. that thing you read about is on the intel side. this is different because it's a CPU feature from AMD not a motherboard forced thing. but asus is much too aggressive in this aspect. however this shouldn't really affect your CPU's life time adversely, the voltage is high but it will drop under real 100% loads. it's just using that on single core super high boost. it makes the system feel more snappy, and they want to absolutely guaranty no Bluescreen.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

2 hours ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

this is why i dislike Asus's implementation. that thing you read about is on the intel side. this is different because it's a CPU feature from AMD not a motherboard forced thing. but asus is much too aggressive in this aspect. however this shouldn't really affect your CPU's life time adversely, the voltage is high but it will drop under real 100% loads. it's just using that on single core super high boost. it makes the system feel more snappy, and they want to absolutely guaranty no Bluescreen.

Ok so u think my voltage spikes of between 1.3 to 1.45 are normal? Never owned an and processor so not sure if that is normal for it. Also my other big question is when I’m in my motherboard bios my temps are between 45c and 57c but when in Ryzen master in Windows I’m at 35c. Why is that?

20 hours ago, xxMrTimelessxx said:

motherboard bios doesn't regulate things like windows so the temps are weirdly high in it even tho you're doing nothing rly, that's 100% normal.

the voltages are technically high when considered as an overclock voltage but that's not what's going on here because it doesn't happen on all cores loads. so yeah it's nothing super crazy to worry about. and if it's really going out of spec it will probably be tweaked in a bios update. make sure you do those, right after launch there tends to be a couple to fix bugs that surface

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz