QHD vs FHD

sample text

hey,I saw razer blade stealth 13" with QHD display(3800x1800)..what is the difference between the QHD and the other type of displays?Should I go for a laptop with Full HD or QHD is better?When I should or shouldn't buy a QHD laptop?

More pixels means smaller task bar and other GUI things. You'll likely end up bumping the DPI scaling from 100% to 150 or even 200-300% to make things legible.

More pixels means sharper image.

More pixels means lower battery life.

On a 13inch display, a 1080p would be fine and crisp still, while maintaining a longer battery life and a cheaper cost to you.

However those are some things you need to weigh in and think about before you purchase.

Also don't buy razer laptops. :)  (Thank me later)

QHD usually means quad-high definition. Or 4 times the resolution of 1280x720 (which is 2560x1440). But those designations tend to blur when it's between one resolution and another. In this case, since 3800x1800 isn't UHD (3840x2160) but is still higher than 2560x1440, and there's no designation in between that most people care about, it's given the QHD label.

The thing with laptops and resolution you have to worry about is how much GUI scaling you need. At 13", 1080p needs scaling to see anything reasonably well, unless you like tiny text. On the flip side, if the GUI scaling works, everything looks really sharp. The other part of it is that higher resolutions can reduce battery life due to the GPU obviously needing to make more pixels. But how much of a burden this really is I'm not sure.

10 minutes ago, NinJake said:

More pixels means smaller task bar and other GUI things. You'll likely end up bumping the DPI scaling from 100% to 150 or even 200-300% to make things legible.

More pixels means sharper image.

More pixels means lower battery life.

On a 13inch display, a 1080p would be fine and crisp still, while maintaining a longer battery life and a cheaper cost to you.

However those are some things you need to weigh in and think about before you purchase.

Also don't buy razer laptops. :)  (Thank me later)

why bro?im 99,99% sure because the price is a joke.It's just a joke to spend 1500 dollars for 13inch QHD with i7-8550U ,256gb storage and only 1866Mhz RAM...the price is dumb as Iphone X price

21 minutes ago, sample text said:

why bro?

Are you asking why I don't recommend buying Razer laptops? If you are, I can't speak from personal experience however there are numerous posts claiming that they don't have the best quality control through the manufacturing process, the fans get very loud etc... There are usually better alternatives for a similar price.

FHD = 1920x1080

QHD = 2560x1440 quad hd or 4 times the pixel count of HD

3K = 3200x1800

4K = 3840x2160

The higher the resolution, the more detail you can pack into an image if screen size and viewing distance ramains the same

So if one screen is 3840x2160 in  a 28" screen size it will have the same detail as a 1920x1080 screen with a 14" size because the pixels are the same size. This is from the same viewing distance

Because the closer you look the smaller pixels you can see and the same goes to the other site, there'll be a moment in which more pixel density won't make the image look better because you will have reached the maximum detail the human eye can see, It bears mentioning that every eye is different but there's a calculator called isitretina.com that gives you an estimate of how far wou will have to be from your screen not to distinguish the pixels in it .that's why PPI is often used to measure how sharp the images will look like (without taking into account the viewing angles, panel type, gray scale, etc) because there's a lot more too look at when it comes to screen quality

Linus explains PPI and resolutons here: