Arctic White and Blue Build!

Alden

First, I thank anyone that helped me with some of these upgrade parts! It was a great help!

Now onto the explanations!

I built this because I had a 4670k + 780 build since 2013, and since I've earned a lot of money during the summer, I thought to myself, maybe it's finally time to upgrade.

I bought the 1080ti back in July of 2017, that's why I got it at msrp, and I was just buying to replace my 780 and wasn't thinking about upgrading other parts.

Then all my other friends also started upgrading January, so I thought I should do it too, because my old case is dated and doesn't look very good, also it was also loud, so I bought a new case and some new fans to go alone with it. I was very happy with the results then.

Then March came along and I decided to also upgrade the CPU because my CPU is just not working out to what I want anymore (I do video editing and also plays a lot of emulators), I didn't upgrade the CPU for the longest time because it also means I have to upgrade the motherboard and RAM, but in the end I told myself it'll be worth it, and it really did.

So I bought the 8700k because I was planning to overclock it, and found out my evo 212 is not cutting it, so 5 days ago, I bought the kraken x62, and also went all out and delidded it and applied LM, because I want to see how far I can go, and today, everything arrived and here I am.

This was a long journey, upgrading every component other then my storage, I also bought some led strips on the way, and went with white and blue, also found the green on the "GEFORCE GTX" to be annoying because it's green, so I made it white, every little thing took quite a while, but in the end I'm loving this new computer, my CPU at 5ghz and running prime95 with small FFT only goes up to 70c, while with the evo 212 it goes up to 100c immediately, so yea, loving my new PC!

DSC_2457.JPG

DSC_2453.JPG

DSC_2454.JPG

DSC_2455.JPG

DSC_2456.JPG

30000+ fire strike.png

Superposition_Benchmark_v1.0_9661_1519471585.png

Very nice, I kinda like blue and white PC's, I redid mine last year into blue and white (see Temporal Snow - Ryzen Refresh in my sig if you're interested, don't wanna post my rig pictures on your build post)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

you bought a kraken..... and you even put it tubes up....... glhf

see you in 6 month buying a new cooler

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

Needs an RGB keyboard set to blue to match the scheme

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P