(Help) TV only displays static screen.

bripoo959

Hey guys 

I have a Bauhn TV 63 inch 4K TV I got for super cheap but recently it has developed an issue. It was working fine overnight but the next day the TV is just showing Static/Snowy Screen. The menu and the control still works but the displayed image/video is just a static screen through all the video inputs (HDMI, Cable etc). From what I have read it's probably due to a blown capacitor. I will be cracking the TV open after work today but just wanted some guidance before I make a start! Any help would be much appreciated!! 

Be careful, some of the big capacitors hold enough power to kill. Make sure to use a screwdriver/metal piece to touch both ends at the same time to discharge them.

To fix a blown capacitor, you're probably gonna need a soldering iron and a new cap (goes without saying).

Have fun!

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Sounds like a video processor failure. Open the TV up and try pressing around on the board that all the inputs connect to. Stay away from the power supply.

In all likelihood, you'll need to replace this board, look the model up on ebay.

Capacitor failures are fairly rare today.

Thanks for the reply guys

I will open up the TV and do a visual inspection to see if any capacitors are swollen or blown. I will replace what I can or take it to the repair shop.

If nothing looks off, I guess I will look into getting another board!

I'll report back later tonight :) thanks again