Fx8350 Cooler recommendations.

Jauska

Hi! 

I am in need of a better cooler for my computer. (because of oberclocking.) I currently have a Scythe ninja 3. I would go something like Noctua nd d14 but i think it is too big for my case. It can not be any higher than my current cooler. Its dimensions are 120 x 120 x 160 mm / 4.72 x 4.72 x 6.30 in. Do any of you dear readers have some ideas for better cooler? It is a plus if the cooler is available in Europe or especially in Finland. Also watercoolers are not an option because my case does not have space for radiators etc. 

Regards Jauska. 

You're not going to get a lot better than the Ninja 3 with that footprint. What type of case do you have? If AIOs aren't an option because of lack of mounting room, I'd be wondering if it's really the cooler, or if it's just a lack of ventilation in the case.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

13 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

You're not going to get a lot better than the Ninja 3 with that footprint. What type of case do you have? If AIOs aren't an option because of lack of mounting room, I'd be wondering if it's really the cooler, or if it's just a lack of ventilation in the case.

My case is BitFenix Neos and i have fans installed in every spot supported on the case. I do not see what else could i do than replace the case or the cooler. 

1 minute ago, Jauska said:

My case is BitFenix Neos and i have fans installed in every spot supported on the case. I do not see what else could i do than replace the case or the cooler. 

If you pull out the drive cages and get creative mounting an SSD for storage, you could probably squeeze a 240mm rad in front. Otherwise, yeah, your AIO potential is limited to  120mm (not worth buying) and your intake flow is completely blocked by drive cages.

You cooler's not the problem, imo. The 8350 is a hot chip, and your case's airflow is lacking.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Best cooling option would be to take that chip and motherboard and toss them in a deep deep lake and buy anything that is gen 4 or better intel or a ryzen setup. 

That chip is just bad

High temps

High energy requirements

Terrible IPC

It can bottleneck most gpu's from the past 2-3 generations.

You would be better off dropping 220-250 on a 2400g or a 1500x and motherboard. So the best way to cool that chip is to toss it.

The NH-D14 is 160mm tall and fits in your case. 

That being said, I'd recommend putting the money towards a newer platform for a notable improvement in performance instead of getting a better cooler to push a slightly higher oc.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.