AOC AG322QCX horizontal ghost lines.

AliensOfGold

I recently had to purchase a new monitor so I decided I'd get a much larger screen this time as the old one was 22". After looking at some reviews and feedback for a few I decided on the AOC AGON AG322QCX 32" VA screen. It has everything I was looking for and in my price range, but after using it for about a week now I'm starting to think I may have a dud.

Apart from the ghosting issues due to it being a VA panel that I was aware of from reading the reviews I'm also getting very light grey horizontal lines appearing under certain conditions. On darker backgrounds like dark blues, and black they don't seem to appear, but on much brighter colours they are clearly visible. I've made an image that I hope describes the issue better that I could.

sAMTA5I.jpg

The lines come from a lighter colour butting up against a darker one and only travel horizontal. So in my example a Firefox window is open and the lines are both to the left and right of the windows edge to the edges of the screen. I've found that the problem is severely reduced, but not eliminated, if I lower the refresh rate from 144Hz down to 60Hz. I've tried different cables, x2 DisplayPort cables, an HDMI cable I know for sure is good, I've tried moving power packs and other things away from it that may cause interference, I've tried the monitor by itself to see if my others were causing an issue, installed the latest driver, tried various settings through the built in controls, even different resolutions, but nothing results in a permanent fix.

Any thoughts of suggestions that I may have overlooked?

• 4 weeks later...

Heya, we have the same issue with two monitors of the same brand. I wonder if this is just an issue with the monitor itself?

Please post if you got it replaced as well, experiencing the same issue?

Here is the best picture I managed to snap:  pCjfTV4.jpg

Also, what would this kind of issue be called?

@AliensOfGold, what was your result in the end? If you didn't replace it, what is your monitors manufacture date?

Shameful bump, I really hope someone with the same screen could confirm if they experience the same and what their manufacture date is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey look it's those damn lines. I ended up getting my original monitor replaced and the second one, exact same model, had the same fault.

After that and over a month waiting I just caved and bought the Viewsonic VP3268-4K. The Viewsonic is a really nice monitor, but it was twice the price of the AOC. Lesson learned I guess, I'll never be buying another AOC product in future.

Sorry I can't be of any help with manufacture dates or anything. Is yours the AOC AGON AG322QCX 32" curved monitor or just another AOC model in general?

Exact same model. Curved.

Getting a new one today as I RMA'd it, but I'm not feeling overly excited as I think I'll have the same issue again...

I did ask them for a monitor from a different batch and production date. Hopefully that might help.

Got a new one now, different production date. Same defect.

Stay away from this model guys. It's broken by default. (I've had 3 so far, all broken).