Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ImplosiveNUTech

Apple’s New Spaceship Campus Has One Flaw – and It Hurts

20 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Because design and aesthetics is critical to architectural design; it's not all about function. But as @Drak3 said, snow and ice causes problems for any flat roof.

I wouldn't think an imperceptible difference in height one one end, with a gutter on the other end would make that much of a difference.

Put a single long heat strip under the space between the gutter and the roof so that no bump is formed, and I would think it would work fine.

Or just... ya'know..... not have a dumbass flat roof that causes this problem in the first place. Maybe have one of them fancy roofs that humanity has been building for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose. By now your name and particulars have been fed into every laptop, desktop, mainframe and supermarket scanner that collectively make up the global information conspiracy, otherwise known as The Beast.

You just be careful. Computers have already beaten the Communists at chess. Next thing you know, they'll be beating humans.

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

I wouldn't think an imperceptible difference in height one one end, with a gutter on the other end would make that much of a difference.

Put a single long heat strip under the space between the gutter and the roof so that no bump is formed, and I would think it would work fine.

Or just... ya'know..... not have a dumbass flat roof that causes this problem in the first place. Maybe have one of them fancy roofs that humanity has been building for hundreds if not thousands of years.

There is a heater on the roof already that solves the problem. The better question is how did software to run the heater not work properly. 

In case you haven't noticed, the vast majority of commercial buildings have a flat roof. This isn't an issue unique to Apple -- nor is the icicles around the outside. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

6 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

There is a heater on the roof already that solves the problem. The better question is how did software to run the heater not work properly. 

In case you haven't noticed, the vast majority of commercial buildings have a flat roof. This isn't an issue unique to Apple -- nor is the icicles around the outside. 

Yes there are roof designs that avoid this issue passively but it seems Apple opted for the more elegant and reliable solution.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

I do not offer free or paid insurance coverage to anyone let alone bungee jumpers and skydivers.

I do not work in a profession or for a business that has anything to do with the tech/gaming industry.

On 16/02/2018 at 3:34 PM, Implosivetech said:

LMAO. Basically, the employees at the headquarters are on their phones a lot, even while walking. Because of this, they get distracted, and walk right into the panes of glass.

A E S T H E T I C > Safety. Great logic, I agree.

No reports of injuries. You would think that somebody would have been given a broken nose or something.

Jeez man. This is why then need markings. I am telling you, 83 year olds aren't going to be glued to their phones, they look where they are going.

In conclusion:

Apple, get your act together.

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/apple’s-new-spaceship-campus-has-one-flaw-–-and-it-hurts/ar-BBJdMPz

So Apple is also form over function when designing buildings too.

Spoiler

Main Rig:-

I7 6700K @ 4.8Ghz | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Samsung SM951 512GB NVMe | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Full Alphacool Custom Water Loop | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | Corsair AX760I | Fractal Define XL R2.0 | Acer XB280HK 4K G Sync | Pioneer BDR-209EBK BDXL | Windows 10 Pro X64/MacOS 10.12.3 Sierra dual boot |

Spoiler

NAS/File Server/DNLA Server:-

I3 6100 | MSI H110 Pro-VD | 8GB Corsair Value 2400Mhz | Sandisk Ultra Plus 120GB SSD | 2 x WD Caviar Red 4TB RAID0 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | FSP 400w PSU | Aerocool Silent Cube White mATX | Windows Server 2012 R2 |