unexpected shutdown and boot

goto10

i build last year a cheap gaming pc, with a gt 1030, a x4860k, a asus a68 motherboard, 8 gbs of 2x4 corsair ddr3 and a corsair cx500 psu

in recend months i had 3 unexpected shutdowns, followed by a sudden turn on of the pc

if i check the log in windows 10 it just mentions the unexpected shutdown

i had a 300mhz overclock on the cpu, nothing on the ram

later i changed to 200mhz, today that happened again i set it to base clock which is 3.7ghz

anyone experienced a similar situation of a sudden shutdown and then pc turns on again?

not sure if the overclock is the problem, or perhaps psu, or just the motherboard giving problems

any advise is welcome

Corsair CX500 is not the top of the line PSU. But if it was fairly old it could cause shutdowns.

Maybe your CPU doesn't do well in overclock too. Try running it on stock speed and benchmark it.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

the psu was the best i could buy 2 years ago, it was on a previous build, it was that or a evga 430 or a thermaltake tr2 430, so i bought that one

some of the shutdowns and restarts did happen while playing gta v, but other happened while booting, if all happened when playing it would be cpu but not sure

will run cinebench and other tests to see how it goes, thank you for your reply

So if I understand this correctly, it's esentially doing what it would do if you were to press the reset button?

no, the pc looks like it lost power so it shutsdown, then some seconds later it turns itself on by itself, this last time took perhaps 3 seconds or more, i was sure my ups had problems and turned itself off or something, but the tv and other thing kept working, when i tried to approach the case the pc power on by itself

well, it has been two days since the last unexpected shutdown, the cpu was set again to 3.7 but this motherboard is stubborn and sometimes let the cpu go to 3.8, even when i set multiplier to 37

i also set the speed of the fans faster, so heatsink gets more air, and case gets more air too, time will tell

the more i think on the situation, who can do that, the psu or the motherboard, turn of and then turn on the pc, motherboard is the only one i can think of that can do that

my next pc, low budget must have good vrm heatsinks, that is for sure, and also more vrms, it seems this models have only 4, so i can only dream on pushing the cpu to 4.5 ghz as others report being capable of do this cpu, but with a good heatsink, ot the crap that came in the box