Blocked loading of file 'C:\Windows\System32\uxtheme.dll'

Sunday Soup

When I try to launch Fortnite from the epic games launcher this shows up. Please help. 

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, Sunday Soup said:

When I try to launch Fortnite from the epic games launcher this shows up. Please help. 

Capture.PNG

Specs of pc? And does it load?

I hAve an unfinished pc build. Pls dont bully for not having one yet or i cry.

I recognize this, I used to get this in PUBG when trying to launch it with custom shaders. It was battle eye detecting this as some kind of cheat injecting into the game. They fixed it with an update though.

3 minutes ago, JustDenDimi said:

I recognize this, I used to get this in PUBG when trying to launch it with custom shaders. It was battle eye detecting this as some kind of cheat injecting into the game. They fixed it with an update though.

I'm not trying to load any custom shaders or anything. so should I just wait for a fortnite update for the time being? also the game doesn't start @Fruitsnacc

I'm not trying to load any custom shaders or anything. so should I just wait for a fortnite update for the time being?

I googled around quickly and it seems it's indeed BattleEye causing this. The cause would be BattleEye not being able to update. It's suggested to uninstall BattleEye, verify the game files trough Steam and it should work.

5 minutes ago, JustDenDimi said:

I googled around quickly and it seems it's indeed BattleEye causing this. The cause would be BattleEye not being able to update. It's suggested to uninstall BattleEye, verify the game files trough Steam and it should work.

I may sound like a noob rn. but how do you verify the files through steam?

3 minutes ago, Sunday Soup said:

I may sound like a noob rn. but how do you verify the files through steam?

Right click the game in your Steam library, go to properties, the local files tab, and click the verify integrity of game cache button.

6 minutes ago, JustDenDimi said:

Right click the game in your Steam library, go to properties, the local files tab, and click the verify integrity of game cache button.

the game isn't in my steam library though. I don't play a lot of games through steam

Just now, Sunday Soup said:

the game isn't in my steam library though. I don't play a lot of games through steam

Oh right, I forgot Fortnite doesn't run from Steam, there should be an option in the (Epic Games) launcher somewhere. I don't play the game myself so I don't know how it looks.

1 minute ago, JustDenDimi said:

Oh right, I forgot Fortnite doesn't run from Steam, there should be an option in the (Epic Games) launcher somewhere. I don't play the game myself so I don't know how it looks.

i found the verify option. sad to say it didn't help

i found the verify option. sad to say it didn't help

Then I would suggest uninstalling the game, BattleEye, cleaning up the remaining files, and installing the game again.

• 5 weeks later...

so those DLL are reshaders? update is blocking them so go to C:/Local > Program files > Epic Games > Fortnite > FortniteGame > Binaries > Win64 and delete those .DLL files it is blocking

• 2 months later...

guys did you solve it i have the same problem