GTX 770 120 hz @2560x1080

Can't find an answer for about an hour and I don't want to push it further. So I thought Y'all Masterrace guru's can answer this in a split second. 

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UC79G-B-ultrawide-monitor this is the monitor that I'm considering to buy Ultrawide 2560x1080 @144hz it has 1.2 Display port and HDMI 2.0 ports

I have EVGA's GTX770 4gb. I have no idea if this has HDMI 2.0 or 1.4. It has a display port but have no idea what version that is either. Now I have somewhat unverified knowledge of +120 hz is only supported with 900 series onward.

So here is the question: Can this cheapass card run this monitor at 120hz in 2560x1080 with a HDMI cable or even a display cable for that matter. HDMI is the priority because I happen to have only HDMI now.

Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Ebeci said:

Can't find an answer for about an hour and I don't want to push it further. So I thought Y'all Masterrace guru's can answer this in a split second. 

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UC79G-B-ultrawide-monitor this is the monitor that I'm considering to buy Ultrawide 2560x1080 @144hz it has 1.2 Display port and HDMI 2.0 ports

I have EVGA's GTX770 4gb. I have no idea if this has HDMI 2.0 or 1.4. It has a display port but have no idea what version that is either. Now I have somewhat unverified knowledge of +120 hz is only supported with 900 series onward.

So here is the question: Can this cheapass card run this monitor at 120hz in 2560x1080 with a HDMI cable or even a display cable for that matter. HDMI is the priority because I happen to have only HDMI now.

Thanks in advance.

The GTX 770 would for sure have an HDMI 1.4 port, not a 2.0.

It would also have a DP 1.2 port though - so in theory, it should still be able to drive the 1080p Ultra Wide monitor at 144 Hz.

That doesn't mean your GTX 770 can handle games at those frames and resolution (depends on the game and graphics settings).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The pixel clock isn't fast enough to display at that refresh rate as you'd need a pixel clock of 586 and the 770 only has a clock speed of 540Mhz. You need to look at the pixel clock of the card as that determines whether it can or cant in most cases.

12 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

The GTX 770 would for sure have an HDMI 1.4 port, not a 2.0.

It would also have a DP 1.2 port though - so in theory, it should still be able to drive the 1080p Ultra Wide monitor at 144 Hz.

That doesn't mean your GTX 770 can handle games at those frames and resolution (depends on the game and graphics settings).

Thanks for the reply. I only play good'ol Dota and CS:GO anyways my bottleneck is cpu. Afterburner says those games can only utilize %45 percent of the graphics card due to a shitty q8400 so ı think the graphics card will be ok

16 minutes ago, VaneBlade said:

The pixel clock isn't fast enough to display at that refresh rate as you'd need a pixel clock of 586 and the 770 only has a clock speed of 540Mhz. You need to look at the pixel clock of the card as that determines whether it can or cant in most cases.

Something feels off with this. Where can ı get this information. for sure it is not in the cards home page. Anyways does this mean I can get 100ish refresh rate with 770 or stuck with regular 60 ?

Just now, Ebeci said:

Something feels off with this. Where can ı get this information. for sure it is not in the cards home page. Anyways does this mean I can get 100ish refresh rate with 770 or stuck with regular 60 ?

How is this off? It's factual. Max pixel clock is 540mhz which isnt high enough for a 144hz monitor. 120hz however would be fine. 

Just now, VaneBlade said:

How is this off? It's factual. Max pixel clock is 540mhz which isnt high enough for a 144hz monitor. 120hz however would be fine. 

Oh ı thought you'd take 120 as desired option. My bad. I just thought that if 900 series were the ones that support 120+hz then some standarts should already exist by the time. I thought you were saying no to 120hz

Thanks for the reply

5 minutes ago, Ebeci said:

Oh ı thought you'd take 120 as desired option. My bad. I just thought that if 900 series were the ones that support 120+hz then some standarts should already exist by the time. I thought you were saying no to 120hz

Thanks for the reply

Youre good bro!Have fun!

Could use dp or dvi and get 120hz easily.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz