msi fx620dx speedstep stuck @ 800mhz on battery even under full load/gaming

chrisl2366

first off my msi fx620 has a i5-2410m and NVidia 540m. Windows 7 home premium, Ive looked into this on many forums with great frustration. Its hurts my gaming, When plugged in everything is fine with turbo boost running ok. When I try to run on battery cpu runs at 794mhz even when running prime. When I disable speedstep in bios cpu runs at 2.294ghz on batt and plugged in but turbo gets disabled too. CPUZ verified the speeds. I at first thought it was just the cpu meter gadget I have on the desktop. I only have the option the enable/disable speedstep in my bios. I have made my own power plan and I have ever option set to maxium perf and both the min and max cpu speed to 100%. I even put the min to 99% to see if that would work. It didn't. I also tried the preinstalled max perf too and changed the min/max on it to but no go. somehow speedstep is overriding my power plan. I want to keep turbo so I really don't want to just disable speedstep but If I cant figure this out that is what im going to do. Any help, opinions would be appreciated. And I don't care about saving battery life and heat isn't an issue so please don't reply with that. I want it to run at stock and turbo only, no underclock. Its a ballin lappy when its not trying to save the earth.