Dual monitor setup, Lagging in games?

ozisike

Hey so i just got a 2nd monitor and i noticed "lag" in my games that i never had before, My main monitor is 144hz and my new monitor is 60hz, When im in borderless mode on games i lagg pretty bad, On WoW i only get 50fps, on LoL I get 144 fps but it feels like 30, I'm not sure on what to do, I really am about to refund this monitor,Is it possible to have my main monitor play borderless without lagging? If not then a 2nd monitor is useless to me. My GPU is r9 390, my main monitor is connected through display port and the 2nd monitor is connected through hdmi.

12 minutes ago, ozisike said:

When im in borderless mode on games i lagg pretty bad,

I want to say that borderless games caps at 60 fps(AKA forced vsync).

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

2 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

I want to say that borderless games caps at 60 fps(AKA forced vsync).

thats not a problem, I wouldnt mind that buttt, Its lagging bad, Feels like 30 fps, Also wow is only giving me 50, I'm unsure on what to do.

Is your card just not handling it well? What usage % is it at while getting 30fps?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

6 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Is your card just not handling it well? What usage % is it at while getting 30fps?

8 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

I'm using GPU-z and its going from 30-100, Why is it using so much now?

2 minutes ago, ozisike said:

I'm using GPU-z and its going from 30-100, Why is it using so much now?

Probably because it needs to push a ton more pixels to the screen. Even if they're not doing anything, the GPU still has to push them out.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Probably because it needs to push a ton more pixels to the screen. Even if they're not doing anything, the GPU still has to push them out.

im looking at the amd activity tracekr and it says 45% usage, Im guessing thats more accurate, 45% while in wow, 25% idle 

Resolution plays a big part when pushing two monitors, and it is pretty stressful on your GPU. I'm green team so I can't say how well that card in particular does, but I often see a 30% drop in fps when I enable the second screen, 1080@60hz

For example I get an even 60 all day in wow, vsync locked, single screen.  dual screens with one on wow and one playing a movie I get 50-60 usually with strange drops to 39.9 

TLDR don't have a screen enabled that isn't displaying your game. Just get a second low power PC.