Web admin class

I'm going to be taking 6 classes next semester (3 are programming related. 1-2 will be OS classes) and I was curious if I could have some tips based off what the general topics are. 

First is a web admin class.

The course states we will administer websites with Microsoft SQL, Javascript, ASP.NET; also learning Security firewalls, web hosting, TCP/IP, & cover operating systems. 

It appears to be a "Full stack" class (as it does "front end" & "Back end")-though many expressed distaste to the idea of front end/back end development as terms.

I hope people don't mind being tagged.

@colonel_mortis @Erik Sieghart

The Department head said I basically just have to know HTML, and after 20~ minutes on codecademy (Sorry, but it just works for starting out, plus HTML is sooo basic...) I think I got HTML under control. I'm curious if anyone has any input on web programming, and the sorts of things listed above.

I haven't taken any network classes, nor any web classes in the past, thought I setup a hamachi minecraft server (whilst following a YouTube video) when I was a bit younger. I doubt this says much. 

Additional notes:

I do have a few other classes though I don't believe asking "Programming 2... What do I do...." 

The other classes are too vague/not strictly programming related, so I left that out. 

Unless anyone has anything to say about operating systems. 

io processing, storage, data types, subroutines. Seems to be a general "how operating systems work" as there is a separate Unix & linux class. Windows Server is also a separate class. The department head said it's messing with the kernal a bit. 

10 minutes ago, fpo said:

Microsoft SQL, Javascript, ASP.NET; also learning Security firewalls, web hosting, TCP/IP, & cover operating systems. 

You already have a to do this. 

What do you need from us? All you have done thusfar is list what's happening in your education. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

That web admin class is either going to be super heavy or super light in work if it's covering that much in a single course. I just took a dual course (two courses rolled into one) on database design and SQL. After a full semester, it's all now coming together for me on really that one topic.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

3 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

hat do you need from us?

I'm curious if there's any tips on what to learn, or look at. Any resources people would recommend. I wanted to get a head start. 

1 hour ago, Erik Sieghart said:

Sounds like MVC. You might get to code razor but maybe not. Full stack just means you do everything! Back-end, front-end, all the ends. End to end.

What's MVC? Razor like the green game computer company? 

28 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

That web admin class is either going to be super heavy or super light in work if it's covering that much in a single course. I just took a dual course (two courses rolled into one) on database design and SQL. After a full semester, it's all now coming together for me on really that one topic.

What was it like for you?

Anything you felt was difficult that was a bit difficult to understand, and feel needs some more study to understand?

For instance in Java, objects are a bit of a concept people just don't get. 

21 minutes ago, fpo said:

What was it like for you?

Anything you felt was difficult that was a bit difficult to understand, and feel needs some more study to understand?

For instance in Java, objects are a bit of a concept people just don't get. 

There is a lot of set theory involved so having a good grasp on it is necessary. I hadn't done any set theory since freshman year (I'm a junior currently) since most of my classes in between then and now were either networking based or general computer science courses.

Understanding relations and normalization at first for databases in general, joining tables at first for SQL specifically. Now that I've done that quite a bit (working on a project for that class as I speak), it makes a lot more sense.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

5 hours ago, fpo said:

What's MVC

Model, view, controller. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model–view–controller

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

16 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

snip

11 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

snip

Thank you, I'll look into these theories to try and help my understandings. Thank you very much!